User Tag List

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    I haven’t heard anything except after I kept asking for any news they told me it had been scheduled about 2 or 3 weeks ago but wouldn’t tell me the date it was scheduled.
    Have you gotten a VIN number from your dealer? If not, keep asking for it. My understanding is the VIN number is one of the first concrete things in the scheduling process and when it is issued, at least the week of production is locked in.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Have you gotten a VIN number from your dealer? If not, keep asking for it. My understanding is the VIN number is one of the first concrete things in the scheduling process and when it is issued, at least the week of production is locked in.

Chris
    I may do that 。Thanks !

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    Haven’t heard a word. I would expect late March. How about you?
    Hey GunDog,
    Are you “ chomping at the bit” yet?
    Ha!
    Waiting is tough!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this will help or just add to your suffering but when I ordered my F450, I tracked it using this site: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
    You'll need your VIN# once assigned (your sales rep should provide it to you). Just a couple of notes, I found it to be lagging in the updates compared to what the sales rep has access to. Point in case, this site showed my truck scheduled for delivery a week later than it actually came in.

Having had it for about a month now and driving it every chance I get to break it in (working remotely due to COVID), I'm getting used to the added length and wide hips compared to my F350 SB SRW. Also loving th
    at wide track steering!
    2021 Solitude 310GK - Onan 5500 Gen / 300W Solar / Dual pane Windows
    2021 Ford F450 Lariat
    Anderson Hitch
    Tom & Marsha

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllGood! View Post
    Not sure if this will help or just add to your suffering but when I ordered my F450, I tracked it using this site: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
    You'll need your VIN# once assigned (your sales rep should provide it to you). Just a couple of notes, I found it to be lagging in the updates compared to what the sales rep has access to. Point in case, this site showed my truck scheduled for delivery a week later than it actually came in.

Having had it for about a month now and driving it every chance I get to break it in (working remotely due to COVID), I'm getting used to the added length and wide hips compared to my F350 SB SRW. Also loving th
    at wide track steering!
    Great ItsAllGood!, so you received your 450?
    How long did it take from time of ordering it?
    What is the ride like when empty?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really curious about the exhaust brake on the new F-450 10 speed.
    I had a 2013 350 SRW before and really liked the exhaust brake until I got on a steeper grade(7% 3 miles)than I had been on before, pulling my Solitude 385.
    I didn’t feel like the truck got away from me but definitely had to hit the brakes several times. It felt a little vulnerable.
    I was actually overloaded the time I was going down the 7% grade for that truck.
    The 2013 350 SRW had a GVWR of 11,500lbs. and I was at 12,960 lbs. (1,460 over) so I deserved it.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ItsAllGood!, so you received your 450?
    How long did it take from time of ordering it?
    What is the ride like when empty?
    We just picked up a 2021 F450 on Saturday. Drove it ~250 miles home. The ride and handling was far superior to my 2013 F350 SRW. And Maryland and Virginia road conditions were pretty rough in some areas. Still getting used to the turning radius, especially on righthand turns.

Edit that to TIGHT turn radius.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 03-08-2021 at 02:49 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    We just picked up a 2021 F450 on Saturday. Drove it ~250 miles home. The ride and handling was far superior to my 2013 F350 SRW. And Maryland and Virginia road conditions were pretty rough in some areas. Still getting used to the turning radius, especially on righthand turns.
    Can I ask you how long it took from ordering to delivery?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I ask you how long it took from ordering to delivery?
    About 1 hour.

Seriously though, I actually found it on a dealer's lot, negotiated over the phone and by text. Walked in, signed the papers and drove out. I was originally looking at F350 DRWs, but couldn't find anything within a 500 mile radius. Well, I found a few, but dealers were only offering discounts of $250 (Ford rebate). One dealer sweetened their offer to a $375 discount. I stumbled across this F450 while searching other Ford dealers inventory. It wasn't listed on any website besides the dealership's. Contacted the dealership and had the deal done by phone in a few hours. @Txfiver talked me into a 450 although it didn't take much convincing. My wife even likes driving it and she hated driving my F350. She wanted to take it to Walmart yesterday, the feed store today. We're going to walk through some Solitudes tomorrow - about 4 hrs away. We're gonna take my wife's Expedition so we're not tempted to do something crazy, but man, I wanna drive that thing!
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    About 1 hour.

Seriously though, I actually found it on a dealer's lot, negotiated over the phone and by text. Walked in, signed the papers and drove out. I was originally looking at F350 DRWs, but couldn't find anything within a 500 mile radius. Well, I found a few, but dealers were only offering discounts of $250 (Ford rebate). One dealer sweetened their offer to a $375 discount. I stumbled across this F450 while searching other Ford dealers inventory. It wasn't listed on any website besides the dealership's. Contacted the dealership and had the deal done by phone in a few hours. @Txfiver talked me into a 450 although it didn't take much convincing. My wife even likes driving it and she hated driving my F350. She wanted to take it to Walmart yesterday, the feed store today. We're going to walk through some Solitudes tomorrow - about 4 hrs away. We're gonna take my wife's Expedition so we're not tempted to do something crazy, but man, I wanna drive that thing!
    If you are looking at Solitudes, I sure like the 385 GK! It has lots of windows, properly placed and I love the “Great Room” feeling you get from the floor plan with tall ceilings! We looked at a lot of different Fifth Wheels and didn’t find anything we liked as much. Also, though it is large it tows well. I hope it will especially tow well behind the 450. I’m expecting the exhaust braking to be better l, however it was good on many of the Colorado roads, only when I got on the steeper, for me 7% 3 mile road did I start realizing I was undersized.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast