User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought our '17 F350 DRW almost 4 yrs ago. Heads and tails better then the F250 shortbed we were borrowing from our daughter and son in law. The 2 fifth wheelers we've owned we're 14 and 17K pounds loaded so they were in the DRW range. When not towing I use our truck for daily driving and wife likes to take it on trips because she feels safer in it. I've been getting 15 to 16 mpg driving around town and 16 to 17 mpg on the hwy depending on speeds. Rides better then the 2000 F250 I had with the camper package and on good hwy it's as smooth as some F150's I had with 10 ply tires on them.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBH_MI View Post
    Having driven both single and dually HD's, my personal opinion is that DRWs ride better than singles. The DRW ride can be improved even more by dropping the air pressure in the rear tires when not towing. I run 35 psi when not towing follow the tire pressure charts when towing.
    I usually drop rear tire pressure to 45 when not towing. It makes a big difference. It also helps even out the wear pattern on the tires.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience going from an F250 to the F350 DRW is the drive was smoother and love it and DW approved.

I actually found a car wash that will handle DRW's:

https://tommys-express.com/SanAntoni...RlX292ZXJyaWRl

Check out BTBRV:

My opinion: get the DRW as it won't take long to adjust to the the truck and you'll be happy with how it tows...which becomes a joy.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a update Im looking at a 3500 DRW ram. Honestly Ive never been a Ram guy usually stuck with GMC/Chevy, but Im not very impressed with the new stuff out of both GMC and Ford. I watched BTBRV review of the 3500 Ram and looks like a solid tow vehicle.

Chad
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    Hey guys/gals, thinking of upgrading my 18' GMC 2500 HD with a dually, can anyone give me some feedback as to how these drive when not towing. Most of my driving will be without towing but Im wanting to get into a truck that I will hopefully not upgrade after this. I like my 2500HD but I wish the payload/tow cap of the GMC was higher.

Any DRW owners out there have any feedback or anyone jump from SRW to DRW and did you regret your decision when it comes to just regular driving. I don't think anyone would regret a DRW when towing but what about when not towing.

Thanks
    Stay with a single rear wheel. Upgrade to an air ride rear suspension you will be glad you did

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been driving a 2003 Chevrolet 3500 crew-cab dually with an 8' bed since 2003. The ride is fairly stiff when there is no payload. You really notice rough rounds, changes in pavement, etc. You also have to allow more room for cornering and parking because of the extra width and in my case, length. Prior to buying a fifth wheel this year, we traveled with a truck camper in the back. The truck road much better with the camper loaded.

With that said, you get used to it and quite frankly I like the size for hauling extra stuff.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We started out with a dually. You have to pick your parking places a little differently, but over all it's just a truck like any other truck. I have a 1 ton Ram w/out the dually now, and still have to pick my parking places differently.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Easton Maryland and within the last 2 years or so a car wash opened up that accommodates duallys. I love it. I run my truck through there once a month. Does the undercarraige and all. $15.00. Prior to that I had to hand wash my truck so washing didn't happen as regularly.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy with ours. Wasn't as big of a transition as we thought. There are a couple of drive through we don't use in there city but they vast majority of places are perfectly accessible.
    Last edited by Aridon; 01-09-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    Hey guys/gals, thinking of upgrading my 18' GMC 2500 HD with a dually, can anyone give me some feedback as to how these drive when not towing. Most of my driving will be without towing but Im wanting to get into a truck that I will hopefully not upgrade after this. I like my 2500HD but I wish the payload/tow cap of the GMC was higher.

Any DRW owners out there have any feedback or anyone jump from SRW to DRW and did you regret your decision when it comes to just regular driving. I don't think anyone would regret a DRW when towing but what about when not towing.

Thanks
    We just made a similar leap. I just struck a deal for a 2021 3500 DRW, CC, Duramax/Allison, trading our 2019 3500, CC, Duramax/Allison, standard box. We’re towing a 2020 Solitude 310GK. We hope to take delivery of the new truck in a couple of weeks. I’m looking forward to the payload headroom when towing.
    Bret King
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali HD 4x4 crew cab, DRW, 6.6L Duramax/10 speed Allison
    2020 Solitude 310-GK (#19), Platinum paint scheme, B&W Companion 25K hitch
    Maine

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast