User Tag List

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Yeah, I don’t believe I could watch that! Ha!
    How long do they normally set on the rail before showing up at a dealership 250 miles away?
    It will probably only take a few days. They hold them until they have a full transport truck heading to your dealer or at least his area and then send it on it's way. I drove mine back to my dealer, was cool to start it up at the rail yard and it showed 6 miles. Enjoy your new truck, you will love it!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Nice..congrats!!! I was able to go to our local railhead center where they unload them and I watched them unload mine. Let me tell you that will make you nervous watching some dock worker drive your 80K+ new truck out of the bowels of a railcar! It looked like a snake regurgitating a rabbit lol.
    By the way, Thanks for the “Congrats!!!”

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will probably only take a few days. They hold them until they have a full transport truck heading to your dealer or at least his area and then send it on it's way. I drove mine back to my dealer, was cool to start it up at the rail yard and it showed 6 miles. Enjoy your new truck, you will love it!
    Sounds really great, I’m looking forward to it!
    Say, could I ask you your opinion on the exhaust braking down any steep grades you might have been on? My 2013 f350 SRW 6.7L power stroke, 6 speed was great until a steep 7% grade for 3 miles near my home. I’ve heard the 10 speed does a better job , but what has been your experience? Do you have to use your service brakes or downshift or will the exhaust brake hold your speed back?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say, could I ask you your opinion on the exhaust braking down any steep grades you might have been on? My 2013 f350 SRW 6.7L power stroke, 6 speed was great until a steep 7% grade for 3 miles near my home. I’ve heard the 10 speed does a better job , but what has been your experience? Do you have to use your service brakes or downshift or will the exhaust brake hold your speed back?
    Sorry I can't give you much input on steep hills, south Texas is pretty flat! I will say that the exhaust brake and 10 speed do seem to work better together than the 6 speed and brake in my previous 2019 dually. For example, just running down the highway and getting off on an exit, the tow haul mode and exhaust brake work very well togather. Once you start braking it take very little braking to slow down to exit ramp speeds. I'll think you'll be very happy with it.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I can't give you much input on steep hills, south Texas is pretty flat! I will say that the exhaust brake and 10 speed do seem to work better together than the 6 speed and brake in my previous 2019 dually. For example, just running down the highway and getting off on an exit, the tow haul mode and exhaust brake work very well togather. Once you start braking it take very little braking to slow down to exit ramp speeds. I'll think you'll be very happy with it.
    Our highest mountain in Louisiana is a little over 500 ft and that's in the Northern part. SE Louisiana you almost have to wear a life jacket with all the water right off the highways!!
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Couple View Post
    Our highest mountain in Louisiana is a little over 500 ft and that's in the Northern part. SE Louisiana you almost have to wear a life jacket with all the water right off the highways!!
    Haha that's so true! I'll be rolling through your great state next Tuesday on the way to Disney. I have a night booked at the KOA in Denham Springs near Baton Rouge. Hopefully ole Betsy can climb them hills lol!
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha that's so true! I'll be rolling through your great state next Tuesday on the way to Disney. I have a night booked at the KOA in Denham Springs near Baton Rouge. Hopefully ole Betsy can climb them hills lol!

Hope that KOA is a newer one. The older ones are a tight squeeze for over 40' trailers. The bridge over the Mississippi River at Baton Rouge may be your biggest pulling test! Probably taking I-12 from Baton Rouge to Slidell where it intersects with I-10 East would be the best route. Lots of truck traffic on I-12 to avoid going on I-10 through New Orleans. Have a great time at Disney.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been down some pretty steep grades in CA, UT & CO.....but have to say I seldom have to apply the brakes. The tow haul mode in addition to the jake brake seems to handle most anything.......... must admit I get a little concerned when the rpms are running pretty high, but so far (58,000 miles) no issues.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dragonfly, I have the 6-speed transmission in my rig & the engine brake has handled all the grades I’ve been over impressively. When I was “learning” the features on my truck, I initially used the “manual” or “automatic” engine brake, without the cruise control & found myself working the brake more often than I liked. I soon learned to use the engine brake in conjunction with the cruise control & the truck’s computer handled the braking & downshifting so much better than I could manually. Now, I setup my cruise control & engine brake prior to traveling down a grade & it handles the job with ease. If I need to slow or speed up, I simply increase or decrease the speed through the cruise control buttons. 6-speed tranny works great for me. I’m sure the 10-speed would work even better! Safe travels! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    dragonfly, I have the 6-speed transmission in my rig & the engine brake has handled all the grades I’ve been over impressively. When I was “learning” the features on my truck, I initially used the “manual” or “automatic” engine brake, without the cruise control & found myself working the brake more often than I liked. I soon learned to use the engine brake in conjunction with the cruise control & the truck’s computer handled the braking & downshifting so much better than I could manually. Now, I setup my cruise control & engine brake prior to traveling down a grade & it handles the job with ease. If I need to slow or speed up, I simply increase or decrease the speed through the cruise control buttons. 6-speed tranny works great for me. I’m sure the 10-speed would work even better! Safe travels! -Diego
    Thanks for replying Gran Casita,
    I think it is very possibly my lack of experience in knowing how to use the different combinations of controls to get the best results. How heavy is your combined weight? Mine was 24k

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast