User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Chad1383;339663]Hey guys/gals, thinking of upgrading my 18' GMC 2500 HD with a dually, can anyone give me some feedback as to how these drive when not towing. Most of my driving will be without towing but Im wanting to get into a truck that I will hopefully not upgrade after this. I like my 2500HD but I wish the payload/tow cap of the GMC was higher.

Any DRW owners out there have any feedback or anyone jump from SRW to DRW and did you regret your decision when it comes to just regular driving. I don't think anyone would regret a DRW when towing but what about when not towing.

I would highly recommend you find a Ford F450 with the 10 lug nuts and 19 and a 1/2 inch rims. That is a wide track front end and it will turn a sharper you turn then your standard 3/4 ton truck will. Also the F450 uses a different Spring set up on the rear so that it rides smoother while empty then a F350. Yet will hold virtually the same amount as an F350. It also has larger brakes axles and heavier duty gears. The biggest problem with the 450 are the 19 and a 1/2 inch tires. I have found that the Cooper off road tires work extremely well and I currently have about 40,000 miles on them and they are not even halfway gone yet. Test drive the Ford F450 and you will be very happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Chevy DRW ride wasn't bad when it was empty. Any time the road got curvy the DRW was SWEET.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an F-350 that rode like a Cadillac -a Cadillac with square wheels. One-tons are nice for hauling heavy loads and that's it and as an every day driver, no way. I'll never have another even if that means having to pull a smaller rig. They're just too big, take up too much room and ride poorly. I'm sure there are plenty of people that love theirs and that's great but to each his own.
    2019 Ford F250SD FX4
    2020 Reflection MKS320

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My almost 60 y/o wife loves driving our 2020 F350 dually. 5' 4" granny wheels this thing around like nobody's biz.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added a dually kit to our 2006 F250 a couple of years ago. It is different when in a parking lot. The parking spaces NEVER look big enough. Our truck no longer fits through an 8 foot door, at least not with enough room to make me feel comfortable.

I always forget to let the air out of the bags when we park the Solitude. The rough ride reminds me to let the air out. Also, if you're not heavily loaded, there is no harm letting some of the air out of the tires for a smoother ride. Taking 80 Psi down to 50 or 60 changes the smoothness of the ride dramatically.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I transitioned from a '16 F150 to a '20 King Ranch F450. I have a '13 gmc 350 dually and this new F450 is MUCH easier to drive, park, pull, travel... everything. I don't thing you'll mind driving a Dually.
    My suggestion would be to get the F350 dually. Its rides (when not loaded) way nicer. I pull a Grand Design Solitude '43 ft. I park my pickup in the back 40. I don't mind the walk. Funny, how so many trucks are parked near me when I return. Its like cattle all mingling. Let me know what you get. I think you'd like an F350 dually ... maybe a King ranch or higher. You definitely won't be disappointed!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switching to DRW

We have been pulling our 2019 Solitude 385GK-R for two years now and it does great. To California and back to Virginia Beach. We both are Amazon-Flex drivers when home, and my wife used our Ram 3500 Laramie DRW on her routes. With crew cab and 8' bed, it makes negotiating in traffic and and tight streets a little tricky, but she did it for three months and did just fine. The bed payload makes it convenient to haul heavy loads when the hitch is removed. And with a pin weight from the fiver, 3000 pounds, I'd say you can't go wrong with a DRW. Get the air bags option. They auto level when loaded out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    Hey guys/gals, thinking of upgrading my 18' GMC 2500 HD with a dually, can anyone give me some feedback as to how these drive when not towing. Most of my driving will be without towing but Im wanting to get into a truck that I will hopefully not upgrade after this. I like my 2500HD but I wish the payload/tow cap of the GMC was higher.

Any DRW owners out there have any feedback or anyone jump from SRW to DRW and did you regret your decision when it comes to just regular driving. I don't think anyone would regret a DRW when towing but what about when not towing.

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think driving a long bed and setting psi to match load makes for best ride, parking a long bed SRW presents as many challenges as the DRW. Love my Ram 3500 SRW it has capacity for up to 3000# pin weight which gets me to most S Class Solitudes and the 310 and all Refection's. If you are not moving up to a much bigger 5th wheel stay with a long bed SRW. best of luck
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a drw ram only draw back is you can't run it through a car wash other wise love it towing .

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    Hey guys/gals, thinking of upgrading my 18' GMC 2500 HD with a dually, can anyone give me some feedback as to how these drive when not towing. Most of my driving will be without towing but Im wanting to get into a truck that I will hopefully not upgrade after this. I like my 2500HD but I wish the payload/tow cap of the GMC was higher.

Thanks
    Have a look at the payload for GMC 2500 HD - 2020 and newer before deciding whether to make the leap to a 3500 and/or a dually. My 2020 GMC 2500HD has about a 1,000 lbs. more payload than a comparable 2019 and older models.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast