User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCamper View Post
    May be different for yours, but yeah it’s dumb. We have usb outlets on both sides of the bed that are powered without inverter which is nice. Other dumb thing is the usb outlet for the stereo is not constant power, stereo has to be on.

‘21 Momentum 31G
    Excellent! Good to know on the bedroom usb! I’ll see what we can do to request inverter powered outlets. Thank you again!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseBoltsRob View Post
    Excellent! Good to know on the bedroom usb! I’ll see what we can do to request inverter powered outlets. Thank you again!
    No problem. Sure it’s easy, just haven’t gotten a chance to look how the inviter is wired. They use a 1000w Magnum Dimensions inverter (CSW1012W) with a transfer switch (CSW-TS15). So I’ll eventually upgrade to something bigger.

‘21 Momentum 31G

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think you are going to be able to request any special sort of wiring. Would be nice if you could. We opted to order our 31G without the solar. We felt like we could get more for our money by adding the inverter later. We also felt like the 1000 watts was not going to be adequate so wanted something larger. We've opted for a Renogy 200 ah hybrid gel battery and 200 watt Renogy suitcase solar setup. We will add a 2000 watt inverter/charger with transfer switch. All of that is roughly the same as Grand Design gets for the solar option and the whole trailer will have power.

All the G series toy haulers will benefit from a bit of overkill on the hitch. We have the class 5 Weigh Safe True Tow and it's been incredible. It's rated for 20k tow and 2k tongue weight. The hitch has a gauge so you know exactly how much tongue weight you have and the head has a bolt that adjusts the distributed weight on the fly. They have an app that you input some information about your particular setup into and it tells you how much distributed weight you need. Simple matter of adjusting the bolt in the head until the gauge reads that amount.

We intend to dry camp much of the time. We ride SXS's. The Onan is not quiet for sure. We will carry out Predator 2500 with us and use it overnight. The energy management system seems to work pretty well even with the 2 AC's.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Don't think you are going to be able to request any special sort of wiring. Would be nice if you could. We opted to order our 31G without the solar. We felt like we could get more for our money by adding the inverter later. We also felt like the 1000 watts was not going to be adequate so wanted something larger. We've opted for a Renogy 200 ah hybrid gel battery and 200 watt Renogy suitcase solar setup. We will add a 2000 watt inverter/charger with transfer switch. All of that is roughly the same as Grand Design gets for the solar option and the whole trailer will have power.

All the G series toy haulers will benefit from a bit of overkill on the hitch. We have the class 5 Weigh Safe True Tow and it's been incredible. It's rated for 20k tow and 2k tongue weight. The hitch has a gauge so you know exactly how much tongue weight you have and the head has a bolt that adjusts the distributed weight on the fly. They have an app that you input some information about your particular setup into and it tells you how much distributed weight you need. Simple matter of adjusting the bolt in the head until the gauge reads that amount.

We intend to dry camp much of the time. We ride SXS's. The Onan is not quiet for sure. We will carry out Predator 2500 with us and use it overnight. The energy management system seems to work pretty well even with the 2 AC's.
    Thanks Terry!

My local dealer has a fully loaded 25g in stock minus the solar/inverter prep. They'll install a 1800 watt inverter to power three outlets for about the price of the factory solar/inverter option. I'd like the solar option to help keep batteries charged when out riding/racing, but it's not a deal breaker. Adding the 200 watt renogy would fix that issue.

I currently have a Weigh Safe drop hitch that I love and it works wonderfully pulling my 26' offshore center console as well as all my little toys. I looked at their weight distribution hitch and besides the price, it looks like a winner. I'm not a big fan of the friction style spring bars because of the noise people claim they make in turns. What's been your experience with that? Sounds like both of you guys have friction style anti-sway spring bar set ups, so any insight on the noise aspect would be helpful.

Did you chop the roof on your Talon to get it to fit under the happijac bed combo in the garage? I'm 6' tall and my head only clears the sofa bed legs by about an inch, MAYBE 2.

Thanks again to both of you for your help!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Terry!

My local dealer has a fully loaded 25g in stock minus the solar/inverter prep. They'll install a 1800 watt inverter to power three outlets for about the price of the factory solar/inverter option. I'd like the solar option to help keep batteries charged when out riding/racing, but it's not a deal breaker. Adding the 200 watt renogy would fix that issue.

I currently have a Weigh Safe drop hitch that I love and it works wonderfully pulling my 26' offshore center console as well as all my little toys. I looked at their weight distribution hitch and besides the price, it looks like a winner. I'm not a big fan of the friction style spring bars because of the noise people claim they make in turns. What's been your experience with that? Sounds like both of you guys have friction style anti-sway spring bar set ups, so any insight on the noise aspect would be helpful.

Did you chop the roof on your Talon to get it to fit under the happijac bed combo in the garage? I'm 6' tall and my head only clears the sofa bed legs by about an inch, MAYBE 2.

I don’t mind the noise, I honestly don’t hear it unless the windows are down and going slow. But yes, the first time you hear it you’d swear something broke. They make some friction pads for the equalizer that are supposed to cut down on the noise.

We have a Yamaha Wolverine X4 with a roof. In order to fit it in we have to put the lower bunk/sofa flat against the walls to have clearance. I’m still able to squeeze by the sides once it’s in to tie it down.

No worries, glad to help.

‘21 Momentum 31G

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, that eases my mind with the noise of the spring bars. Thank you!

I didn't realize you could run the sofa section flat against the walls. I see some manufacturers set theirs up like this from the factory and others like the momentum. If it's not a big challenge to do, sounds like the hot ticket for taller toys. We are undecided about getting back into a SxS or just a golf cart...all depends on where we plan on doing the most camping, but either way, there is a height issue with the lower sofa/bunk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, that eases my mind with the noise of the spring bars. Thank you!

I didn't realize you could run the sofa section flat against the walls. I see some manufacturers set theirs up like this from the factory and others like the momentum. If it's not a big challenge to do, sounds like the hot ticket for taller toys. We are undecided about getting back into a SxS or just a golf cart...all depends on where we plan on doing the most camping, but either way, there is a height issue with the lower sofa/bunk.
    No problem.

Yeah, it’s pretty easy to do it with one person. This is what Yamaha lists for our X4 and I’d a add a little for roof and we have a spare tire on the back that sticks out.

L x W x H
    122.0 in x 59.8 in x 77.2 in

Fits no problem and we have the party deck with three season doors. I’ve seen some people with RZR fours seaters squeeze them in the 31G.

‘21 Momentum 31G

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent, thank you! Knowing I can fold the couches flat against the wall will really help with knowing how and what I can fit in there. I sold all my toys over the last two years so time to start shopping again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Terry!

Agree with AZCamper. I really don't hear much of anything from the hitch. The Talon has a custom cage. The Talon pretty much has a custom everything. lol... There is 75" to the bottom of the brackets on the Happijac couches. You can always swing them down against the walls. That'll give you 80" to the bottom of the upper bunk.

Shameless pic of the Talon for reference.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the thorough reply! I'm hoping the smaller 25g will be fairly simple to pull with my Ford, but I'm just a bit nervous after my last experience. Given the big tongue weight difference over the last one, I think it'll be better. I know toy haulers are way heavier on the tongue than traditional travel trailers, making them feel much heavier than equal weight travel trailers. Adding AirLift airbags to my Ram really helped with the nearly 2k tongue weight of the Amped 28, so if you're still concerned with the towing experience after going up to the heavier duty Equalizer, that may also help improve the feel.

The generator is definitely a concern in its location during our dry camping events, but so many others in the market aren't much different...they all seem to want to put them near the damn bed, sadly it being really under the bed on the momentums. Worst case scenario, I'll have to buy a $750 harbor freight predator 3500 watt inverter to run the coach when dry camping at night. They are STUPID quiet...as quiet or quieter than honda and yamaha models. I really wish Onan would invest in making that 4000 be a little quieter. The 5500 Onan in the Amped was far superior including noise and vibration. It's a shame they don't bump the bumper pull momentums up to 50 amp service with the 5500 Onan.

Looks like I'll be waiting to order till May for a September delivery of a '22 to skip the nasty Florida summer and enjoy next winter. Thanks again!

Just bought a Westinghouse 4500 dual fuel inverter generator. It’s as quiet as the Honda 3000 with the dual fuel option and runs 18 hours on 3.4 gallon gas tank if necessary. Remote start also. $1100.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12