User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anything make you smile recently?

RN Wife rolls in from work about 8:15 each morning and has a punch list of errands for me to run. I love driving her car.
    She also leaves a fresh mask for me:

Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 01-05-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every neighborhood has a quiet couple. They keep a low profile, barely make contact with neighbors, kind'a semi-mysterious at times.
    Once in a long while the couple across from us that fits that description will strike up a conversation with me. It's usually about one of our animals.

Neighbors call them Jack Black and Phoebe Cates. That's who they resemble.

They had seemed so gloomy for the past year in the brief glimpses I caught of them.

Then they were happy and said hello while walking back from the community mail boxes. In a brief chat I found out not only they've been struggling to find employment, they were about to lose their really nice home.

The bank contacted them just that day, blindsided them and cut their monthly mortgage payment by 2/3 and reset their past behind debt to zero. He had finally found decent paying employment too.

Made me smile.

What’s made you smile?
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 01-06-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Former German POW lives in our neighborhood and still on occasional evenings walks by our house. It's been sometime since I've seen him. 99 years old. Immigrated to the US and became an exec with Benz.

Captured in Africa, sent to the US and worked a citrus farm. "We were well treated, even paid for our work" he once told me.

I got to wondering what became of him and I'll be damned that same week he and his son walked by. I was glad to see him.

Made me smile.

He asked about our cat that tapped out at the end of his life cycle some time ago. Meiko the cat, renown by all the neighbors, took care of the rodent and dive bombing birds for a half block in either direction of our home. Always returned home happy and well fed.

My dad just turned 99 and still cooks and makes the most beautiful salads. The last of the living WW2.
    Dad has a beautiful upstairs outdoor deck on the American River and still hosts a weekly WW2 veteran lunch.
    Much younger veterans nicknamed The Better Angels assist all the old Veterans with food deliveries, check on them twice a day and so on.

That makes me smile.

What made you smile?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was involved in a program that carved and personalized canes for disabled veterans , the carving club has given away thousands in the state of MI.

Each had a personal presentation. Watching the reaction and emotion of the simple act of getting a cane . Seeing this over and over with a new recipient each time made me smile.
    https://www.miwoodcarvers.com/cane-project

Last edited by WhittleBurner; 01-07-2021 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Added link
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The widow that lives next door has been having trouble with her boiler, I noted by the trucks in her driveway recently. I had told her in the past to call me if she has troubles but she doesn't want to impose. Well I got to the bottom of the boiler thing as It's getting colder these days and had my nephew who is an apprentice come help me get things operating properly in the interim. I used to help my father when he was in business and I was a young man take care of some of the elderly in our town. He would always tell them when they asked about payment he would send them something and smile. Just showing my nephew how to pay it forward.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few days before Christmas 12 of us from the neighborhood and our local civic association went out to elderly member's homes and sang Christmas carols. These were folks who have been sheltered in pace for months due to covid. We wanted to cheer them up.
    I was dressed as Santa and my wife was dressed as Mrs Clause.
    The look on these people's faces was priceless. Some sang along with us. It felt great to make so many people happy.
    Unfortunately we only had time to go to about 12 houses.
    The bonus was while singing at one house a 5 year old girl and her mom came out from across the street to listen. It was her birthday and she was thrilled to be able to visit with Santa and Mrs Claus.
    While we were getting pictures taken our group came up with a nice gift bag and some candy goodies that we could give that girl as gift from Santa.
    it was awesome.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m camped out in the Mojave desert and got a knock on the RV door this morning.
    A European couple in a rented class C got high centered on a desert trail and was stuck about a mile away.
    No cell service out here.
    I was able to free them with the Yankum rope and one good tug.

They are now camped next to and plugged in to us and gladly accepted a couple Coronas (beers).
    Probably take them on a run in the Can Am when the wind dies down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downloaded a update from GM for our 2020 Denali 3500 DRW.
    Seems to have stopped all the screwball codes and the auto high beams now work.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I smile every time I dial my 97 year old mom. She lives alone, drives and shops for herself.
    Every conversations starts the same "Bob, listen closely I have something to tell you."
    I realize this can't last forever but I intend to continue calling and visiting until something changes.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged