User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best satellite antenna

We just ordered a new solitude, as we are dodger fans just wondering what would be the best satellite dish for the trailer?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personal opinion: Dish Network. They have an RV plan. You can suspend the plan at any time, and resume it when you go back on the road.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imho..... the best satellite dish is a Winegard Traveler. They aren’t cheap but they are good. You’ll see soon them compared to RF Mogule. If you lay out that much money either is an OK choice. They aren’t dome antennas - wiring is required, space on the roof to permanently mount and when you camp you’ll be looking for treeless sites.

You can probably just stream the games.

My personal choice for satellite has always been Dish and what I use now is a Winegard Dish Playmaker. Of course that marries you to Dish and you can’t use it for DirectTV. For a choice of either D or DTV look at the Carryout G2.

You need to first decide whether to stream or use satellite. Streaming requires some way to cast your phone/tables/pc to your TV; and of course what app to stream from. Or you need a smart TV that you can load an app on that streams your games. I have a friend who streams the Giants every week on his phone and casts it to his TV via Chromecast.

If you don’t stream then you have to decide on Dish or DirectTV. And, of course, a portable sat antenna or roof mount.

Sorry - just no easy answers these days considering all the options.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyprclan1 View Post
    We just ordered a new solitude, as we are dodger fans just wondering what would be the best satellite dish for the trailer?
    Good reply from traveldawg. All I can add is that I have the Pathways x 2 (mobile). I'm very impressed with the ability to receive even in some tough tree cover.
    This does tie you to DISH. I'm not a sports fan so I can't comment specifically about sports aspect.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The older we get, the more TV is for turning on in order to go to sleep.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff. 108 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm partial to the DirecTV Slimeline HD dish from Winegard. I have DirecTV at home so I just take my two boxes from home and connect them in the RV main room and bedroom. I ran the wiring myself which wasn't hard (I use to run network cable back in college as a part-time job).

If you plan to keep your Solitude a while I would suggest you go with an automatic dish. Just decide if you're a Dish customer or DirecTV customer and choose that Dish.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer the Pathway X2 with Dish Network. The Traveler is great, but expensive. We had one installed on our Class A before we saw the light and went to a GD 5th Wheel. It seemed we always had trees in the way. With the Pathway, the dish can be moved to avoid trees.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had DirecTV in our campers for twenty years. Dropped them last year and added two Playmaker Pro's from Dish to the roof and it has been great. Since AT&T bought DirecTV they are worthless. Rumor is they are phasing out sat service and going all streaming
    2007 Volvo 780 VNL Trailersaver Hitch
    2017 Momentum 397th
    2015 Polaris RZR 900S Voodoo Blue
    2017 Polaris RZR S1000 Matte Black
    2019 Polaris RZR S1000 Titanium Matte
    3 Yamaha Banshee's 2-Honda 400 EX's
    Honda 250EX 2016 Polaris Outlaw 110 EFI

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyprclan1 View Post

That depends on how you define "best"
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    I prefer the Pathway X2 with Dish Network. The Traveler is great, but expensive. We had one installed on our Class A before we saw the light and went to a GD 5th Wheel. It seemed we always had trees in the way. With the Pathway, the dish can be moved to avoid trees.
    ^^^ This. The Pathway is great. Stay away from the King Products Tailgater. I had two of them and as far as I'm concerned they do not last. YMMV and regards.
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast