User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

Laundry $184.50 / Month - $1.20 / Day. Thats doing laundry every week to 10 days.
    That seems like a lot for coin laundry. That what I do for a living. Fix coin laundry machines at RV parks, apts, college dorms and truck stops.
    Prices in Oregon are between $1.50 and $2.50 per machine. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great report Steve, I am getting jealous of the full timers, I am getting closer though lol! Those first 2 pictures are amazing, from snow to palm trees in Galveston!! I've been by that park, glad to know it's not too expensive! Try Rayford Crossing RV Resort up in Spring as well, it's gorgeous and full timer rates are similar. Lake Livingston is a beautiful area as well, have family that just bought a lake house on it up in the northern quiet part of the lake. We actually spent Thanksgiving Day there. Oh and welcome back to Texas!!!
    Last edited by Txfivver; 01-23-2021 at 09:53 AM.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    That seems like a lot for coin laundry. That what I do for a living. Fix coin laundry machines at RV parks, apts, college dorms and truck stops.
    Prices in Oregon are between $1.50 and $2.50 per machine. KEN
    We find it varies on machine costs. We have paid as much as $2.75 for washers at laundromats, or as little as $1.50. Dryers - most are like $1.00 to start then so many minutes + per additional quarter. Alot depends on how efficient the dryers are. One place we checked out was $4.00 just to wash per load, we promptly found somewhere else to go. Most times we do it at campgrounds and it's usually the best machine costs. Most times we have 3 loads to wash and dry depending on if we wash sheets and blankets.

Now a lot of RVers have units in their RV, and thats cool. But I have read it takes a long time to get it done. Usually we can get all the laundry done in about an hour if there are enough machines to go around. We go off times when everyone is partying or sleeping. We opted not to have units in our RV for more storage space.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Great report Steve, I am getting jealous of the full timers, I am getting closer though lol! Those first 2 pictures are amazing, from snow to palm trees in Galveston!! I've been by that park, glad to know it's not too expensive! Try Rayford Crossing RV Resort up in Spring as well, it's gorgeous and full timer rates are similar. Lake Livingston is a beautiful area as well, have family that just bought a lake house on it up in the northern quiet part of the lake. We actually spent Thanksgiving Day there. Oh and welcome back to Texas!!!
    Thanks, Oh boy are we glad to be back. Yes Lake Livingston is a great place. Great trip up to Indy and back!
    During this pandemic we are somewhat limiting our travels. Up to visit family (Tami's Dad & Mom are doing better healthwise) and winter down here in TX. Of course the longer you stay in one place the better rates you get per month. We do want to travel so much more but right now it's prudent to limit the different places we go and after all we are just starting out fulltiming. Middle of March we'll get up to our old hometown in Bastrop Tx and get the annual medical stuff done. Maybe by then we can get a vaccine shot at our GP doctor.
    We are planning and have reservations already at Disney in June, meet up with the kids. Our Grandkids high school band is playing a concert at Disney, we'll see how that pans out.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    We find it varies on machine costs. We have paid as much as $2.75 for washers at laundromats, or as little as $1.50. Dryers - most are like $1.00 to start then so many minutes + per additional quarter. Alot depends on how efficient the dryers are. One place we checked out was $4.00 just to wash per load, we promptly found somewhere else to go. Most times we do it at campgrounds and it's usually the best machine costs. Most times we have 3 loads to wash and dry depending on if we wash sheets and blankets.

Now a lot of RVers have units in their RV, and thats cool. But I have read it takes a long time to get it done. Usually we can get all the laundry done in about an hour if there are enough machines to go around. We go off times when everyone is partying or sleeping. We opted not to have units in our RV for more storage space.
    We decided we wanted the second pantry instead of the W/D. I've seen tooo many flooded laundry in the 31 years of fixing laundry room W/D's. That would be be beyond horrible in a rv.
    I figured using the laundry room might generate a little income sometime, if something is broken. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12