User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What support is there under the fresh water tank or tanks ?

Has anyone seen what support there is under our fresh water tank or tanks ? Is the tank just held up around the sides of the tank or is there actual

support right underneath the tank itself running side to side ? I have not carried fresh water in the tank while traveling so far,but,looking at doing some

dry camping this year and was wondering how to find out how the fresh water tank is put under the rv .I have seen water tanks fall out of campers,was

following a trailer down the highway ,when the tank fell out and tore the back jacks off with it .Have heard of others since .
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a thread from Gene with pictures of his 317 Reflection, I think. I seem to recall Rob (Cate & Rob) sharing some pictures but in my quick search I did not find that. Possibly of you conduct a little searching you can find specific 303 pictures. 2014 and 2015 were the same.....possibly 2016 as well. If no luck searching, call GDRV Customer Service sharing your VIN and I suspect they can provide details.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...t=fresh%2Btank

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I can verify is what is under, or was under, the 60 gallon tank in our 2015 Solitude listed below. I had two 1"x2" pieces of tube channel under the tank, secured to the inside of the H beam with one metal screw through the end flange. The curb side was degraded from rust and I believe would have failed within a short time. The wall thickness of the tubes was 3/16". My intention is to fabricate my own support tubes with thicker walls, and add a third support. We have, on occasion traveled with a full tank, which would have weighed around 500 lbs. In retrospect, given the lack of support under the tank, was a mistake.

Gordon Fuchs
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins