User Tag List

Thread: Pdi

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pdi

Hello, We are going to pick up our GD in two weeks. Buying from General RV. They are
    not willing to share the pre-delivery inspection with us. Has anyone had that issue?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hello, We are going to pick up our GD in two weeks. Buying from General RV. They are
    not willing to share the pre-delivery inspection with us. Has anyone had that issue?
    What are you hoping to learn from the pre-delivery inspection?
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there were any major workmanship issues when it came in. We don’t want to drive 6 hours back each time we have an issue. We are buying from out of state, and were told that the GD repair shop here will put us at the bottom of the waitlist for repairs since we didn’t buy from them. (Salesperson at the local GD dealership).

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't have that issue. But, if they are unwilling to share it, if it were me, I'd set up at least 2 days for to go over EVERYTHING on the rig myself prior to accepting delivery.

I'd have concerns that they didn't really inspect anything, much less anything important, if they don't share their inspection findings.

I'd also suggest you find a local RV repair shop/person for your future repairs. You can set it up with GD if you need to use non-GD dealer repair facility. Just explain the problem using the local dealer to GD.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let General RV know that you'll be doing your own hours-long PDI and ask that they have the trailer connected to full services so you can do that.

There are PDI checklists scattered around the web. The following is just one of the first that popped up in a search for "RV PDI checklist", and isn't necessarily the best one I've seen.

http://changingears.com/rv-checklist-inspection.shtml

You are right to be concerned about a very thorough PDI. Our dealer could not possibly have done the very thorough PDI they claimed they did since our trailer was plagued with problems and on the dealer's lot for FIVE MONTHS with issues that would all have been identified in a thorough PDI. I now know better, and if I could give just one piece of advice to new owners it would be to ensure a very thorough PDI - and repair of any issues it reveals - before paying for the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    What are you hoping to learn from the pre-delivery inspection?
    See preceding paragraph. It is not at all uncommon for these units to have deficiencies when new, and very much easier and faster to have them identified and fixed before paying and pulling the trailer off the dealer's lot.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not willing to share the pre-delivery inspection with us.
    Now you know what they think of you and you have an inkling as to what you can expect as far as customer service goes. If it were me, and it's not to late to back out, I would take my business elsewhere.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ and I second doing your own pdi, we took hours doing ours and everything identified was corrected before we left or a plan in place for correction, but then we were only an hour away.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The General we purchased from allowed us several hours to inspect with the trailer insode the bay and plugged in . Sales are much higher now and they may not have the bay available, but at least get plugged in to check everything.

We have some PDI files here in the Referance section as well. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rms-(Multiple)
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AND, I might add, while doing your PDI, make sure as said earlier to have it plugged in, make sure you also use items while not plugged in to insure fridge switches over, both automatically and manually, pump works, ( leave pump on while doing other things without faucets on to make sure no"surge" if so maybe a small leak. fill valves and dump valves etc. some of those things that may get overlooked. Just take your time and make sure everything is working, trim is attached, doors lined up etc. etc. etc. Operate slides and all those little things overlooked while doing the " Wow thins is a beautiful unit" Again, take your time, don't let anyone rush you. it's alot of $$,$$$..**. Good Luck, OH, if you run into anything after the fact and can do a little this and that on your own, GD is real good about sending parts to you. Have Fun ! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if pdi inspections consistent vacuuming up sawdust and that's it. Some of the things I would check are all of the cable connections. You need to have some way to hook up your cable connections to make sure they are going to the right places and to the right TV's. You may need to bring a small tv with you to check the bedroom and the outside connections. Also get up on the roof and look at all the seams and seals to make sure it looks correct. Our 2020 solitude Had the cable connections not hooked up in the basement behind the beauty walls. And after about 2 months of driving we found the rubber roof had peeled back from the front cap on the roof. Also turn every electrical appliance, light and water heater on at the same time and make sure that it does not blow any circuits or fuses. We also found that grand design puts many inline fuses in hiding spots throughout the trailer those are always fun to find. Make sure all of the burners and broiler on the stove light, ours was not working. Also at the beginning of your inspection have them fill every tank, the fresh water tank, grey and black tank with water. Every one of our valves was leaking when we picked hours up (the fresh water dump)but we did not find this out until our 1st trip out. All of these are just SOME of the things we found wrong with our brand new 2020 solitude. I would not accept delivery of it or make a payment on it until everything you find is fixed. It's ridiculous you make an appointment to have something fixed and it takes them about a month to look at it and another couple of months to get authorised and repaired.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-08-2021 at 12:45 PM.