User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    Just saw this post, thanks guys! Those ladders are so annoying! I’m definitely going to do this.
    @xrated did you just screw it to the flimsy side panels or what did use for screws? It’s obviously holding up since you’ve had this done for awhile now
    The overhead ladder install was definitely into the wooden slats/studs/whatever you call them.....that is why, if you look closely at my picture, you will see that the Quick Fist Clamps are NOT spaced perfectly even as far as spacing. That is not a mistake, that was done to insure that they are screwed into solid wood. The ladder on the wall of the trailer, which is behind the door that goes from the garage area into the living area, is resting on the floor of the garage area. With the weight of the ladder actually resting on the floor, you don't necessarily need as strong of an anchor point(s) as if it were suspended up off of the floor and actually hanging on the wall. If I remember correctly, I found a metal/aluminum stud in that wall for one of the clamps and I used a plastic anchor for the other one.....so it is just basically being held in place by the very thin/flimsy panelling on that wall. In both instances though, zero issues over the last year or so that I've had them mounted that way.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Well, no idea if mine will hold up yet, but..

I ordered 4 clamps last week and put them in this weekend.

Here's what I ordered:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put them on the underside of the bunk in the garage (they are on the lower part of the ceiling). I was able to find some "studs", which are really just spacer boards between the bottom of the bunk and the ceiling. My stud finder would not find them, so I pulled out the lights and used a tape measure to find the studs; I could slide into the area. IIRC, the studs were 5 3/4" to the outside (towards the walls) of the lights. I suspect this will differ, so measure it yourself for sure.

For screws, I used a 1.5" construction screw with a washer on it to keep from pulling through. I just did one screw in each clamp (in the middle). Not too hard. I was thinking of backing it up with some Gorilla glue, but after pulling on it after installing all 4, I don't think it's necessary, they are up there pretty good. Each of those clamps is rated for 25 lbs, I have 4 of them holding up something that maybe weighs 10lbs, so I think I've got enough margin. Will report back should anything go wrong, but I doubt it will.

Once again, big thank you to xrated, so happy to have that thing out of the basement.
    Glad I could help and pass along some info that makes things easier for you!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ladders are hanging in my storage shed! I purchased a “collapsible” ladder from harbor freight. It can be stored under the master bed or any where and it is very stable while using. If I had a do over, I would not purchase it with new trailer.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put the two ladders from my 320G in the shed and purchased a collapsible 8.5 foot ladder from amazon works great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Store it 9ver the garage door... you know, when to door is up...that that small space above it and below the rafters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12