User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Eater

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diesel Eater

Around a year ago or so on this site I was talking about the new Ford Godzilla V8. And how a super charged version could out perform any diesel out there on the market. A lot of people said I was full of it. Well, this news just in from Willis Perfromance. 1450 horse power, 1030 lbs torque. Now who is full of it? 12.51 compression pistons, block head castings & crank shaft all stock. Unbelievable the strength of this great Ford engine. Team up this engine with a set of 430 gears & a new 10 speed & wave bye-bye to the diesels on the hills. Which would be loads of fun. :>) By the way the article also stated that there is a version of the V8 called megazilla. I'm guessing either turbo'd or blown coming from the factory. Wow, its getting better & better.
    Have a nice day,
    Russ
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Ford releases a gas engine with a full factory warranty that has over 1,000lb/ft of torque and gets more than 10mpg towing a 15,000lb trailer, I'll pay attention. Until then, anybody can hot rod an engine and get crazy numbers - with no warranty.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The zilla engines thus far are only available in crate form. It’s unclear there would be sufficient demand from RVers to justify a production vehicle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bertschb,
    Man you are so right about hot rodding & getting crazy #'s. The modern day diesel pickup is a testament to that.
    They just keep hot rodding them up at the factory & getting bigger #'s & more torque. So they can have the biggest dinger at the top of the hill.
    Didn't the gotta mechanic cumming's just change back to a old pump & crank out a little more torque to beat the Ford?
    Instead of maybe trying to bullet proof their engines a little more...... And bring relilability back to the diesel engines like it was years back. Nope, its just hot rod it a little bit more & sell it to the public.
    As far as the after market they can out built anything the factory puts out. Including diesel engines ect..... The 6 litre bullet proof binder engines is a example of this. Best diesel in a truck when the after market pro's got done with it. Untill the diesel engines solve their problems baby you are just playing Russian Roulette.
    Russ & Deb

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love gas engines but that engine would be buzzing at 6000 rpm to make that kind of power. Some people do not like to hear there engines scream going up hills.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not read anywhere that the 7.3 L Ford engine was designed for forced induction. I suspect to achieve that kind of horsepower you have to run a significant boost from the supercharger. This will probably shorten the lifespan of the crank and rod bearings not to mention piston wristpin failure. Modern diesel engines certainly have a potential for repairs to the emission systems but I would rather take my chances with that rather than the unproven reliability of a special build gas engine. Just my opinion.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    I love gas engines but that engine would be buzzing at 6000 rpm to make that kind of power. Some people do not like to hear there engines scream going up hills.
    So true. I'm sure that 7.3 is an animal but that's a best case race engine basically. The 6.7 is making that torque from just above idle and max hp at like 2800 rpm's. Much more relaxed driving experience even without the trailer on behind. I love big ole
    gas engines as well but for any kind of serious work I'm all for the new diesels.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    I have not read anywhere that the 7.3 L Ford engine was designed for forced induction. I suspect to achieve that kind of horsepower you have to run a significant boost from the supercharger. This will probably shorten the lifespan of the crank and rod bearings not to mention piston wristpin failure. Modern diesel engines certainly have a potential for repairs to the emission systems but I would rather take my chances with that rather than the unproven reliability of a special build gas engine. Just my opinion.
    Modern day diesels have manymore problems than just the exhaust system bro. Maybe you should study up on CP4-2 fuel injections pumps. Its not a matter if it granades its a matter of when it grenades.
    so what do they do? They go back to a old pump from yesterday. CP-3. Thats the way that I read it. What a joke.
    My advise would be for the injection pump manufactures to have Catepillar build a injection pump to solve this problem for once & all. They are the best of the best. I owned Catepillar heavy equipment for 25 years.
    We ran Cat engones 1000's of hours under load day light till dark. And never lost one engine to injector pump to grenading. So, if there is anyone who can fix this problem on these little diesel pickup engines, I am sure it can be Catepillar. Untill I see this you can have every diesel out there you want. I refuse to play Russian Roulette. And pay $5000 to warranty the great factory diesel engines you all love so much.
    Russ & Deb

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    Around a year ago or so on this site I was talking about the new Ford Godzilla V8. And how a super charged version could out perform any diesel out there on the market. A lot of people said I was full of it. Well, this news just in from Willis Perfromance. 1450 horse power, 1030 lbs torque. Now who is full of it? 12.51 compression pistons, block head castings & crank shaft all stock. Unbelievable the strength of this great Ford engine. Team up this engine with a set of 430 gears & a new 10 speed & wave bye-bye to the diesels on the hills. Which would be loads of fun. :>) By the way the article also stated that there is a version of the V8 called megazilla. I'm guessing either turbo'd or blown coming from the factory. Wow, its getting better & better.
    Have a nice day,
    Russ
    I bet I have a buddy with a diesel that would smoke this truck. When you dump money into a diesel you can make insane power and torque. Money can do about anything you want, hell I had another buddy that had a miata that done a 7 second quarter mile. You can't imagine how much cash he had in that car.
    Last edited by ManofManyStangs; 01-08-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that article. Come to find out they replaced most of the engines components so it would not break.
    I'm considering a new 7.3 as a replacement for my old 7.3 PSD due to the glass jaws of the new diesels wrt cp4 and other issues. I don't anticipate needing 1000 ft-lb of torque and $10k will buy a lot gasoline, lol
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast