Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with mounting bracket for TV in 2600RB bedroom

I'm getting ready to install a TV mount in the bedroom of our 2600RB. The mount area is already tagged by GD. My understanding is the block is metal and I can verify the location with a magnet. I've been told to place a 1/4" piece of plywood behind the mount and then screw it in. Is that a good way to go and what length screws should be used? I don't want to penetrate the outer skin (or ever come close). The TV weights about 9 lbs and the bracket about 4 lbs.

And when mounting the bracket, should I use wood or metal screws if I'm drilling into a metal backing plate and the interior wall?

I'll be installing a 12DV HD television and will be pulling wire from the wiring for the overhead fan. Any suggestion for another location to pull from? The lights are on a dimmer, so that wouldn't be an available source.
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 01-08-2021 at 10:04 AM. Reason: corrected weight of TV, added weight of mount
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a piece of expanded metal laminated into the interior wall.

The suggestion for a piece of plywood is a good one, as it helps to spread the load instead of a small area.

I would make the piece of wood just slightly smaller than the piece of metal in the wall, then attach it to the wall with 1" screws. Then attach the TV mount to the wood, using similar screws. (can be slightly longer than the others, depending on the mount.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drill a small exploratory hole before you drill for the entire mount. I tried to mount my TV right on the sticker that said "Mount TV Here", and there was nothing there but paneling.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mount questioned answered
    If the dimmer on the 12 volt cable is after you splice into the 12 volt line, it shouldn’t affect the TV power.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Mount questioned answered
    If the dimmer on the 12 volt cable is after you splice into the 12 volt line, it shouldn’t affect the TV power.

The switch is upstream of the lights and on the opposite side of the trailer. So any lines going to the lights is already on the dimmer. But I appreciate the reply.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on mounting a TV in our 2400BH this weekend. Our old trailer had "bear international" tv mounts which seemed quick and easy. Does anyone else use these or is there a better brand/type? Pictures of your set-up would be greatly appreciated :-)
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious as the size of the tv? I have the same model and was hoping to fit a 32” tv there. Thxs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Tgunter5

Link below is the mount I used in our 2400BH. We haven't traveled far but it seems solid.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07...b_b_asin_title

I used many sheets of paper trying to figure out how to make a 32" TV fit. Couldn't do it and feel good about the mount placement so I just used an older 27" Samsung with a Roku Stick.

Unfortunately, I did not take a picture after mounting.