User Tag List

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's underneath the dovetail section?

Does anyone know what's beneath the dovetail area of the garage? I was taking measurements on my 349M yesterday and noticed the coroplast under the dovetail area but seemingly no way to access the area in there. Is that all insulation? If so, would it make sense to turn that into some type of storage?

The reason I'm asking is that a friend of mine has another brand RV and there's a storage door & slam latch door access to a metal box in there. He keeps a floor jack, jack stands, wrenches, etc. in there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210107_104102.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	31480
    signature

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it depends on what year. My 2017 Momentum had a storage box down there that was accessible from the garage area. I've heard they arent doing that anymore. The fuel tanks are more forward, so if you just have coroplast and no storage, its probably just insulation. Earlier Momentums weren't insulated under the garage and had no coroplast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    .. so if you just have coroplast and no storage, its probably just insulation.
    I suspected that. I have the rig in my sig, so if the newer ones have just insulation, it seems like a waste of space.

Do you have any idea why GD would have removed that storage feature?
    signature

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    I suspected that. I have the rig in my sig, so if the newer ones have just insulation, it seems like a waste of space.

Do you have any idea why GD would have removed that storage feature?
    No clue, it was a great feature, we were able to fit all of our dirt bike boots in there laying down. The insulation isnt a bad thing. We lived in our Momentum for 3 years and the garage was the kids room. We had to put a throw rug down and run a dedicated space heater back there, the insulation would have been helpful.

I cant think of a good reason they ditched the storage though. It was just a steel box, so I doubt it was supply issues. I would think adding an aftermarket version wouldn't be too difficult. If you're interested, just pull down a small portion of the coroplast and you should be able to see what's there including where the frame cross rails are located.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2018 351M only has insulation under the dove tail.
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
    2018 351M Momentum Toy Hauler
    2015 Can Am Turbo Maverick - sold
    2019 Can Am X3 XRS