User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toilet backing up

We have a 2019 398M and the last time we used it after one day of dry camping the toilet drain was backed up into the toilet . We had just been staying at rv campgrounds for a week or so and just dumped the day before . We have had the trailer for 2 years and have dry camped many times , as much 3 weeks at one without dumping and have never had any problrms till this last time out . It happened 5 times in 7 days , I would have to stick a hose down in the tank and swirl it around to get it to go down . A day or 2 later the samething would happen . Anyone ever have thing kind of problem ? What was the problem ?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sptrucksbyed View Post
    We have a 2019 398M and the last time we used it after one day of dry camping the toilet drain was backed up into the toilet . We had just been staying at rv campgrounds for a week or so and just dumped the day before . We have had the trailer for 2 years and have dry camped many times , as much 3 weeks at one without dumping and have never had any problrms till this last time out . It happened 5 times in 7 days , I would have to stick a hose down in the tank and swirl it around to get it to go down . A day or 2 later the samething would happen . Anyone ever have thing kind of problem ? What was the problem ?
    Been FT one year, never had this problem. You can buy a flex light/camera at Harbor Freight etc and look down there. My wife dropped a long handle cleaning brush down the toilet one time. I ended up using the RV vaccum hose to get it out. Could only find it with the lighted flex scope. Are you sure someone has not dropped something down your toilet?
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhop56 View Post
    Been FT one year, never had this problem. You can buy a flex light/camera at Harbor Freight etc and look down there. My wife dropped a long handle cleaning brush down the toilet one time. I ended up using the RV vaccum hose to get it out. Could only find it with the lighted flex scope. Are you sure someone has not dropped something down your toilet?
    Looked at it with a camera and looks clear .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google search "Geo Method" on youtube for RV's. It's worked for us even when our RVs had 20 years on them.

It works most effectively when you are moving. 10 gallons of water in the tank, with Borax, Dawn and Calgon.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might want to check if the roof vent is clogged at all. If the drain pipe is clear, and backing up, it's most likely that air isnt able to vent out of the tank as the rush of water attempts to enter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you changed brands of toilet paper? Just a thought.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Might want to check if the roof vent is clogged at all. If the drain pipe is clear, and backing up, it's most likely that air isnt able to vent out of the tank as the rush of water attempts to enter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Vent is clear

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Have you changed brands of toilet paper? Just a thought.

Chris

No we have always used the same brand , also use it in our houseboat !

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried a fresh water flush of the system? We had a similar situation as you this week and our black gauge read 1/3 but it was clearly packed. We were able to clear that and are going to do a fresh water flush through Nautilus system, not sure if you've tried that as of yet. I'm planning on doing the same once I get to San Antonio, coz our gauge is clearly wacked.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some thoughts. For us, just two people we can go as much as 6 days without dumping the tanks. No way could we go 3 weeks without dumping.
    I suppose you could have an obstruction at the output of the black tank so it is not truly emptying all the way. You could test this by dumping the black tank and watching the contents run out through a clear elbow at the site connection. When the run stops, then take a flash light and look down the toilet to see if there is still stuff in the tank. If there is the tank is not emptying all the way. You could try to back flush the drain for the black tank to see if this will clear a clog at the output of the black tank. If your vent is clear this provides air to rush into the tank so it can drain. Sounds like you got a partial clog blockage at the output of the black tank.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast