Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoElkhounds View Post
    I know you are being a little sarcastic,
    Ok, just a little ..
    Plus it is up high, so the chances somebody is going to climb up to get it are small.
    I'm thinking about getting the side marker cameras which are right at eye level. I don't know if they too pair with only one camera, but they'd certainly be easy to get at.
    signature

2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If yours is like mine, it is wired to a live line and on full time after plugging it in. Okay when you’re plugged in to power but a battery drain when the unit is not connected to power. I could connect to the marker lights so it will come on with the lights but that would require taking off the marker light and back up camera housing to connect. So I’ve decided to connect the camera to a wireless remote and use a fob to turn it on and off. I’m waiting for the remote switch from Tadi Brothers. I’ve found where the camera is wired by pulling out the right side back ceiling light so it shouldn’t take long to connect the switch and stuff the wiring back up into the light hole. Connecting the camera to the back middle marker light is the cheapest remedy.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backup camera

I know you are being a little sarcastic, but you shouldn't be sorry at all. A lot of times thefts of things like this are a crime of opportunity, so the screws would deter such a theft.

As for the OP question, I would not worry about it at all. The camera is useless without the receiver in the cab so it has little value to a thief. Plus it is up high, so the chances somebody is going to climb up to get it are small.

DAN
    Thanks to everyone that responded to my question about removing the camera when in storage. I guess I'm a little over sensitive about cameras having been in the film industry for 50 years. The camera is going to stay attached and I'll just have to get use to having a camera out of my view for an extended period of time.
    Thanks again to everyone.
    Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12