User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appliances in the Slide

My family is looking at getting a TT, and Grand Design is high on our list. Many of the floor plans have the appliances/sink in a slide-out (e.g. - Imagine XLS 23BHE). Between the weight and mobile plumbing/gas/electrical connections, does that not cause problems?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2970RL with the stove/oven and refrigerator in the slide. We have had no problems. I did have to change the OEM refrigerator fan shortly after we took delivery.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyft12 View Post
    My family is looking at getting a TT, and Grand Design is high on our list. Many of the floor plans have the appliances/sink in a slide-out (e.g. - Imagine XLS 23BHE). Between the weight and mobile plumbing/gas/electrical connections, does that not cause problems?
    While our sink is not in the slide out, our stove and fridge are. Been using them frequently (well, until this last year) and have no issues with them being in the slide out.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyft12 View Post
    One of our primary requirements when we were looking at trailers was no appliances on a slide. The fact that our trailer has the perfect floor plan for us is just icing on the cake.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In today's market I think it would be challenging to find a coach without any appliances in the slide. With that being said, I would not want my sink in the slide simply because I couldn't trust the drain. Other than that. having the stove/oven and the refrigerator in a slide is extremely common in today's coaches.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    In today's market I think it would be challenging to find a coach without any appliances in the slide. With that being said, I would not want my sink in the slide simply because I couldn't trust the drain. Other than that. having the stove/oven and the refrigerator in a slide is extremely common in today's coaches.
    ^^^^^ I completely agree with this that my only concern would be to have a sink and drain in the slide.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada