Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireplace blower stops working

Good Day!

We have a 2020 GD Imagine 2670MK, which we bought in July. Been a pretty nice rig, set aside the typical issues we encounter. My latest issue is the fireplace blower. We have been living in it full time since the purchase. We're now in it while our home in Florida is being remodeled.

The electric fireplace has worked fine until yesterday. It lights up with the flame images, and the blower even works, but within a minute or two it stops. During that time it does blow warm air, but as stated it doesn't stay on long. We've played with the remote. timer, temp., but same result.

We turned it on and off numerous times yesterday, no change. Just tried it this morning and again, same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Steve
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell us the brand of the fireplace? The Graystone fireplaces have their thermister (temp sensor) coming through a small hole in the face plate (usually to the left). If this has jiggled back into the unit, it will sense the warm air inside rather than the room air and turn off the heater. The newer fireplaces have the thermistor hard-mounted in the intake airflow. In this case, I would suspect a problem with the controller board.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Can you tell us the brand of the fireplace? The Graystone fireplaces have their thermister (temp sensor) coming through a small hole in the face plate (usually to the left). If this has jiggled back into the unit, it will sense the warm air inside rather than the room air and turn off the heater. The newer fireplaces have the thermistor hard-mounted in the intake airflow. In this case, I would suspect a problem with the controller board.

Rob
    Hello Rob, just looked and it is a Graystone fireplace.
    Steve & Pat

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hello Rob, just looked and it is a Graystone fireplace.
    Great. Look for a little black wire looking thing sticking out on the upper left. It should be sticking out about 1/2" or so. If it's in place, you could still have a thermistor or control board issue. They don't replace parts on these - they just replace the whole fireplace.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. Look for a little black wire looking thing sticking out on the upper left. It should be sticking out about 1/2" or so. If it's in place, you could still have a thermistor or control board issue. They don't replace parts on these - they just replace the whole fireplace.

Rob
    Is this "little black wire thing" visible from the exterior of the fireplace, or do I need to pull it out/remove it? In my initial look, I see no visible fasteners, only a slot where the control buttons are located (on the upper right side of the unit.

I did figure out the front glass plate(glass cover) can be removed, and did remove it, but I see no wires, other than solemn wires connected to all the buttons.
    Steve & Pat

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Graystone fireplace in our 2650. The outer bezel lifts up for removal, then you can unscrew the mounting screws and remove the fireplace. I had a problem with the blower shutting off because the safety breaker tripped. Removing the fireplace, I found there was inadequate inlet airflow to it. My solution was to cut a series of overlapping 2" holes to create a 3"X12" opening in the back of the cabinet, and also realizing the tv has to be up for proper airflow. I don't know if the 2670 is the same.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this "little black wire thing" visible from the exterior of the fireplace, or do I need to pull it out/remove it? In my initial look, I see no visible fasteners, only a slot where the control buttons are located (on the upper right side of the unit.

I did figure out the front glass plate(glass cover) can be removed, and did remove it, but I see no wires, other than solemn wires connected to all the buttons.
    On the Graystone in our Reflecton, the face nor the fireplace had to be removed to get to it. There was a very small hole in the upper left corner with the little black wire looking thing sticking through. If there is a hole and no thermistor, there's the problem! Can you post a pick of that upper left coner?

Rob

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Graystone in our Reflecton, the face nor the fireplace had to be removed to get to it. There was a very small hole in the upper left corner with the little black wire looking thing sticking through. If there is a hole and no thermistor, there's the problem! Can you post a pick of that upper left coner?

Rob
    Hi Rob, will try to take a pic when we get back to TT later today. Thanks Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve & Pat

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sent you a PM.

Hi Rob, will try to take a pic when we get back to TT later today. Thanks Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were able to replace the control board in our Greystone fireplace a few years back. It was a relatively easy process and the parts were not that expensive. I think we found a phone number on the documents for the fireplace. They were very helpful.

But being bought in July you may be able to get it replaced. Call GD customer service and see if one can be sent to you under warranty.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast