User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our fireplace acted up during Christmas break. Worked fine then quit putting heat out and no blower. Read where there is some kind of dust/lint sensor that can shut it off and that it can be flaky at times. We did a hard reset by pulling the breaker for 10 minutes and once we put power back on it, it's been working great since.
    Last edited by BARRY K; 01-14-2021 at 12:15 PM.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 340RDS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just throwing this out there. Are you using the furnace, and is there a heat duct that blows on or by the fireplace? In our Imagine 2970 (with Furion fireplace) there is a heat register in the island that blows towards the fireplace. If the fireplace is on, the heat and fan will shut off a few minutes after the furnace comes on as there is warm air being blown at the fireplace. Once the furnace turns off, the heat and fan in the fireplace will come back on.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    Just throwing this out there. Are you using the furnace, and is there a heat duct that blows on or by the fireplace? In our Imagine 2970 (with Furion fireplace) there is a heat register in the island that blows towards the fireplace. If the fireplace is on, the heat and fan will shut off a few minutes after the furnace comes on as there is warm air being blown at the fireplace. Once the furnace turns off, the heat and fan in the fireplace will come back on.
    Hello TyeeMan - We also have an island, and it does have a heat vent at the kick plate. But it doesn't make sense that this would be the cause as this issue has just started and we have used the fireplace heat blower on and off for months, with no issue until now.
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    On the Graystone in our Reflecton, the face nor the fireplace had to be removed to get to it. There was a very small hole in the upper left corner with the little black wire looking thing sticking through. If there is a hole and no thermistor, there's the problem! Can you post a pick of that upper left coner?

Rob
    Hi Rob, sorry for the delay! I haven't been ignoring your request for photo's, I'm just not sure how to upload them. I took a few on my iPhone, but they wont load. I assume its a format issue, (or my lack of how to), but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Steve

Steve
    Steve & Pat

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hi Rob, sorry for the delay! I haven't been ignoring your request for photo's, I'm just not sure how to upload them. I took a few on my iPhone, but they wont load. I assume its a format issue, (or my lack of how to), but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Steve

Steve
    Depending on the iPhone, those images could be huge. Try downsizing the image so it's a couple of hundred KB and use the upload function in the for image insertion in the post.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to provide a quick update. I called GD Customer Service about an hour ago. Described issue to Rep. and also included a couple other issues unrelated to the fireplace. He took my info, and is sending me a new fireplace assembly, two awning drive head covers ( I have one missing from our trip, and the fwd one is cracked). I also notified him of our issue with our fridge fins icing up. Which I believe is a seal issue. He said I could call a mobile tech, at my expense, altho GD would refund for any part needed, or deal with the issue until I can get the rig to a dealer to fix under warranty.

It took a while to get someone on the phone, perhaps a twenty minute hold time, but I did call in the mid afternoon. Overall, very happy with the result. Will update when I get the parts delivered and after I install them.

Thanks for your input!!

Steve
    Steve & Pat

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to provide a quick update. I called GD Customer Service about an hour ago. Described issue to Rep. and also included a couple other issues unrelated to the fireplace. He took my info, and is sending me a new fireplace assembly, two awning drive head covers ( I have one missing from our trip, and the fwd one is cracked). I also notified him of our issue with our fridge fins icing up. Which I believe is a seal issue. He said I could call a mobile tech, at my expense, altho GD would refund for any part needed, or deal with the issue until I can get the rig to a dealer to fix under warranty.

It took a while to get someone on the phone, perhaps a twenty minute hold time, but I did call in the mid afternoon. Overall, very happy with the result. Will update when I get the parts delivered and after I install them.

Thanks for your input!!

Steve
    Be careful if you go with a mobile tec. We were told buy GD they would cover the repair, not the show up fee, for a broken water line in the sub floor on our new 2020 solitude. They covered what they thought should be charged and I got charged for a $700.00+. Buy the mobil tec company.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Day!

We have a 2020 GD Imagine 2670MK, which we bought in July. Been a pretty nice rig, set aside the typical issues we encounter. My latest issue is the fireplace blower. We have been living in it full time since the purchase. We're now in it while our home in Florida is being remodeled.

The electric fireplace has worked fine until yesterday. It lights up with the flame images, and the blower even works, but within a minute or two it stops. During that time it does blow warm air, but as stated it doesn't stay on long. We've played with the remote. timer, temp., but same result.

We turned it on and off numerous times yesterday, no change. Just tried it this morning and again, same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Steve
    I have a 2020 GD 2670MK and I know exactly what you're talking about. It is an easy fix and I have talked to Grand Design and they are aware of the problem. They were very interested in the cause of the problem and have been in contact with me to verify what I did. Just to make sure we are on the same page, I am not a mechanic but I do have a lot of experience in research. It took about a week of searching for the solution and I finally found someone that knew what he was talking about. I followed his procedure and in 30 minutes my fireplace was back to normal and working like it should. It was a very easy fix and I contacted GD afterword and they asked me to send them what I found. It was forwarded to the person who reviews the suggestions and I received a very nice thank you for making them aware of the problem and for the possible solution.

The solution has two choices ... 1) they will send you a new fireplace (eventually you will run into the same problem) or 2) you can remove the fireplace which is easy and move the heat sensor over about 4 inches and then you will have no problems after that.

I contacted Grand Design and told them what I did and my fireplace is working perfectly.

If you would like me to go into a little more detail, I can do that also. I removed my email address at the advise of another member so that I don't get hit with a lot of spam.
    Easy fix so you can do it yourself.

Dave
    Last edited by Firescue; 01-22-2021 at 03:38 AM. Reason: remove email address

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our blower shuts off when the temp. I have it set at is reached. It turns back on when it needs to get back to that temp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12