Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Imagine 2250RK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sightseer View Post
    Good afternoon,

I sold my Class C Navion IQ several months ago with the intention of getting a TT under 30' for 2 people. I'm looking at the Grand Design Imagine 2250RK.
    Would love to hear from actual owners of the Grand Design Imagine product for first hand experiences. Good, Bad or Ugly!
    I plan to buy a gently used 2018' or 19' F-150 XLT 4x4 with the 3.5 Eco-boost w/tow package to pull it.
    Although I have never owned or pulled a TT, I have pulled a tow vehicle behind the class C which I assume is not even remotely the same as pulling a 28' 6,000lb box.

thanks,
    Larry
    I had a 2018 2250RK.It was fine for my wife and myself. We are not full timers, but we usually spend at least a week or two at a time camping.
    Last Feb we were out for 3 weeks.I never had any problems with the tires, but we had the same wheel bearing go twice. The 2250RK has plenty of storage and a lot of room inside. I really liked the large bathroom. Another asset was you can reach any part of the trailer with the slid-out in. We stay over night a lot at Walmart's and rest stops. The only drawback for me was the lack on a dinette. We had the theater seating instead. I missed my dinette. After the second wheel bearing went my wife didn't trust it anymore, so we traded it in for the Reflection we have now.
    I had about 4000 miles on the trailer.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malco1, I think we bought your old 2250RK in March 2020. Found it at Sonnys in NC. During wheel bearing service noticed that left rear axle had had previous wheel bearing failure. Also axle was bent. Just went ahead and replaced both axles. We don’t like dinettes and love the theater seating. Floor plan is perfect for a couple. We take week long trips once a month all year.
    Last edited by Kguthzeit; 01-17-2021 at 08:12 AM.
    2018 2250RK
    2013 Toyota Tundra
    Reese Roundbar WD Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kguthzeit View Post
    We don’t like dinettes and love the theater seating. Floor plan is perfect for a couple. We take week long trips once a month all year.
    We second the not having a dinette. When we first started looking for trailers we realized we didn't like dinettes and that focused our floor plan shopping.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malco1, I think we bought your old 2250RK in March 2020. Found it at Sonnys in NC. During wheel bearing service noticed that left rear axle had had previous wheel bearing failure. Also axle was bent. Just went ahead and replaced both axles. We don’t like dinettes and love the theater seating. Floor plan is perfect for a couple. We take week long trips once a month all year.
    Yes that was mine. Left rear bearing went twice. I never hit anything that I know of. Before I went on the trip where the bearing went the first time I had greased the bearings, but I didn't clean out all the old grease and I thought that may have caused the problem. I never thought about an axle problem, the tires looked fine.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just looking at your signature, I had a 2014 Toyota Tundra also it was my first pickup. Did Sonny's give you that hitch with the trailer? I gave them my E2 hitch with the 2250RK. That was the best hitch I ever had and I had a lot of trailers in my lifetime. That was my 3rd pry bar, I last 2 others leaving them on top of the propane tank cover or the rear bumper of the TV.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only the pry bars and spring bars were in the trailer. Bought a new hitch. Sonnys said they couldn’t find the rest of the hitch. I have lost a couple of pry bars over the years too. Last hitch used chains and bar was just a piece of pipe.
    2018 2250RK
    2013 Toyota Tundra
    Reese Roundbar WD Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the 2600RB after looking at a half-dozen other layouts. We love the larger bathroom and shower (!) and I don’t disturb the wife when I get up in the middle of the night. We got the theater seats (love the heat) and like the larger U-shaped dinette. I liked that the 2500RK has the 2nd entry because we can’t get to the bedroom without opening the slide while overnighting. The larger bathroom and the separate seating & dining area is worth it to me though. Also, I would really like to have had the fireplace for the “mood” of not the heat.

After considerable research I went with the Husky 32217 Centerline hitch. I have a GMC 2500 HD longbed, and the hitch raised the rear end to exactly the same height as with no trailer, and brought the front down to within 1/4” of the unloaded weight. The anti-sway of the hitch is amazing as well - couldn’t get the trailer to sway at 70 mph. Don’t forget to allow for the weight of your Hitch in your calculations.
    Rusty & Cathy
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD 6L
    Husky 32217 Centerline WDH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon,

I sold my Class C Navion IQ several months ago with the intention of getting a TT under 30' for 2 people. I'm looking at the Grand Design Imagine 2250RK.
    Would love to hear from actual owners of the Grand Design Imagine product for first hand experiences. Good, Bad or Ugly!
    I plan to buy a gently used 2018' or 19' F-150 XLT 4x4 with the 3.5 Eco-boost w/tow package to pull it.
    Although I have never owned or pulled a TT, I have pulled a tow vehicle behind the class C which I assume is not even remotely the same as pulling a 28' 6,000lb box.

thanks,
    Larry
    We have one 7 rv's in our 47 years camping- popup's to 5th wheels. We down sized to the 2250RK from our last 5th wheel. We tow with a 2015 GMC std.bed, x-cab, 5.3 V-8, 3.42, 4 wd, Z71 tow pkg, but not the max tow, Husky centerline hitch. We limit our travels now to NE and I have had no problems towing in both the White and green Mountains of NH and VT-- just pace yourself. The open floor plan is great --everything is accessible ,except the micro wave and oven with the slide in. I agree the oven is a joke size wise. Plenty of storage both in and out. The draw backs are lack of windows and the small sizes, the dark interior(thought the new models, I understand, offer a lighter interior. Ours came with theater seating and in hindsight should have gone with the dinette or freestanding table. (we carry two folding chairs for company). The shower is one of the largest we ever have had. I did install a Maxx air variable speed fan in the bedroom. I would deem this trailer a good buy for the money.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon,

thanks,
    Larry
    Hi Larry; we love our 2250RK - in fact we just got back from a weeks stay in Idyllwild Ca. Easy to tow, easy to park, tons of storage and most importantly to us; can fit into National Parks without issue. We have done several upgrades to the trailer to suite our specific needs but that's part of the adventure right! - The only negative we had early on was a shower pan to lower wall skirt leak and the kitchen door rubbing on the frame as you open and close it, had to tweak the stabilizer jacks to ease that pain but those two items have been fixed under warranty. Other than that; great couples trailer.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon,

thanks,
    Larry
    We’ve had our 2250RK for about 1 1/2 years with no major problems. As far as a Couples RV goes it suits us just perfect! Good luck!
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast