User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Low Can They Go?

The Imagine 2800bh is on our short list to purchase, and I'm trying to figure out how capable the rig is. We're interested in taking our Florida-born kids up north to see snow once in awhile. Has anybody taken their Imagine into sub-freezing temperatures for a week or two? Do they do well, or are these really 3 season campers?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With enough propane, dehumidifier, heat tape and tank heaters you can live in just about anything anywhere.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    With enough propane, dehumidifier, heat tape and tank heaters you can live in just about anything anywhere.
    Not sure the Imagines have tank heaters - nor if the waste tank valves are above or below the Coroplast underbelly (the latter would be the deal-breaker if below).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Not sure the Imagines have tank heaters - nor if the waste tank valves are above or below the Coroplast underbelly (the latter would be the deal-breaker if below).

Rob
    I've never tried it but I would think some heat tape and a little insulation wrapped would keep the exterior valves from freezing in most conditions.
    . Honestly I think the bigger issue would be propane, they would likely use a lot and they aren't likely to have a pocket 100lb tank handy. Those 30s will go fast in a lightly insulated unit. Over two weeks that is a lot of trips to fill propane.

Depends I guess on how much supplemental electric heat they have available.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    No tank heater but the waste valves are above the coroplast.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyft12 View Post
    The Imagine 2800bh is on our short list to purchase, and I'm trying to figure out how capable the rig is. We're interested in taking our Florida-born kids up north to see snow once in awhile. Has anybody taken their Imagine into sub-freezing temperatures for a week or two? Do they do well, or are these really 3 season campers?
    On our last trip before the end of the season the last 5 nights would drop below freezing. The only small issue we encountered was lots of condensation on the windows. I'd strongly suggest getting a small dehumidifier. Its best to use the furnace instead of supplemental electric heat to keep that underbelly heated.
    If you don't plan on using water from the fresh tank then a heated water hose will also come in handy.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE