User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ulookmarvy

ready to order but wonder if some things could be changed...

We are ready to order a 313 RLTS and want to know if we can order it without the oven and have a drawer installed where the oven would be. We want the cooktop but, don't need the oven. It would also be nice to have a convection micro-wave but, from what I understand this isn't an option.

Do you think we could get just the cook top??
    Last edited by Dave and Monica; 03-18-2015 at 07:05 PM.

james quinn
    I'm thinking your probably out of luck because it appears that they have limited "optional " changes you can make. I am not sure there is even a cooktop only option out there for an RV and whether there is a standard size even for a cabinet to go where the stove is would be questionable. My suggestion is that it would probably be cheaper for your to do the changes afterward than pay what would likely be a high bill if they would do it at the factory.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, ulookmarvy,

I think one of the key reasons for the Grand Design "value for the money" offer is their standardization of options. The stove/oven is a standard part of this. If you chose to use your oven for storage rather than cooking, that would work fine too.

If you wanted to upgrade the microwave to a convection unit, that is likely best done after purchase.

Something that folks tend to forget when they customize layout or appliances is what they are doing to resale value. You might never use the oven, but this might be really important to the next owner.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

ulookmarvy
    There are many campers out there with just cooktops and have convection microwaves. Where the stove would be you will find a drawer. I really think this is one spot that Grand Design has skipped over. This and not having a fantastic fan.
    Last edited by Dave and Monica; 03-18-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We seldom use the oven in our Reflection. We do often use it for storage for non-flammable items, however.

I have noticed that relatively few cabinet configurations are used in the different Reflections. That's one way they keep prices down and the value up. Same reason they only have one color of cabinetry and upholstery--to standardize their components so they can purchase components cheaper.

ulookmarvy
    I don't think a lot of people use the gas oven in their rigs. A microwave convection is awesome to bake in.

It may just be a trailer thing that you can't get these. I don't know. I know that my current mh-a navion: has a convection microwave and cooktop. There is no oven but we have a huge drawer there. I also know that our last mh-a seneca was the same as the navion. We also had a couple truck campers that were set up this way.

We have never owned a trailer and have noticed the standard is the oven cooktop combo and a regular microwave. I believe once you have had a convection and actually use it- most would find how nice they are. But, it sounds like this is just how most come and I will have to deal with it.
    Last edited by Dave and Monica; 03-18-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ulookmarvy View Post
    I don't think a lot of people use the gas oven in their rigs. A microwave convection is awesome to bake in.

It may just be a trailer thing that you can't get these. I don't know. I know that my current mh-a navion: has a convection microwave and cooktop. There is no oven but we have a huge drawer there. I also know that our last mh-a seneca was the same as the navion. We also had a couple truck campers that were set up this way.

We have never owned a trailer and have noticed the standard is the oven cooktop combo and a regular microwave. I believe once you have had a convection and actually use it- most would find how nice they are. But, it sounds like this is just how most come and I will have to deal with it.
    A Navion/View does it for space, not convenience.

They are still using the very small convection/micro combo and 2 burner inset stove top.

With so little storage space in the Mercedes platform, you need all the space you can get.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RE: ""We want the cooktop but, don't need the oven. ""

Well.......
    You can't have Biscuits & Sausage Gravy without Biscuits!

That is all I have to say about that.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, now I want biscuits and sausage gravy. Thanks, lol
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

schrederman
    Me too....... Call me when it's ready! Like some others, we've used our oven once. We now take a toaster-oven with us and have enough counter space that it's not a big deal. I'd much rather have just the cook-top and a large storage with a convection/microwave. We're probably going to get a Reflection TT later this year or next year. I'm torn between the two models because I really don't know how much the grand children will be with us, nor how much time we will actually spend on the road. I'd probably full-time, but not sure DW would like that. Now... about those biscuits and gravy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast