User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cabinet door hinges

We just purchased a 2021 295rl. The cabinet doors over the bed and sofa feel “flimsy” and feel like they could fall off at any time. Each time the doors are closed, they are latched in a different position. We have tried tightening them with no success. Any suggestions on fixing them? Thanks for any help we can get.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a similar problem on my 2600RB. I'm not sure how your doors are oriented, but mine flip up. When closing them, they don't close tightly, there is about an inch or two of "play" (there is no latch since the doors swing down to close). It's not a big deal, but my rig is currently in for some minor warranty work now, and this issue is on my list. I will update when I get my rig back.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We just purchased a 2021 295rl. The cabinet doors over the bed and sofa feel “flimsy” and feel like they could fall off at any time. Each time the doors are closed, they are latched in a different position. We have tried tightening them with no success. Any suggestions on fixing them? Thanks for any help we can get.
    I don't know your trailer or if its cabinet hardware is like ours, but your post struck a chord.

After an all-highway trip I found one of the doors on the cabinets over the sofa nearly falling off. A single crap-made screw holding the upper hinge had snapped its head and released the hinge and the lower hinge was very badly bent.

I had HECK of a time finding the unusual hinges used, but finally found some that were almost perfect (and much better made) at Lee Valley Tools.

I just checked their U.S. web site for you and don't see them listed there (I got mine in Canada). I remember that they were called "Blumotion" and were half-something hinges. Home Depot and Lowes didn't have anything like them.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/hinges

Hope this helps.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I don't know your trailer or if its cabinet hardware is like ours, but your post struck a chord.

After an all-highway trip I found one of the doors on the cabinets over the sofa nearly falling off. A single crap-made screw holding the upper hinge had snapped its head and released the hinge and the lower hinge was very badly bent.

I had HECK of a time finding the unusual hinges used, but finally found some that were almost perfect (and much better made) at Lee Valley Tools.

I just checked their U.S. web site for you and don't see them listed there (I got mine in Canada). I remember that they were called "Blumotion" and were half-something hinges. Home Depot and Lowes didn't have anything like them.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/hinges

Hope this helps.
    I have contacted Grand Design and hope they respond since we have only had our fifth wheel 6 months. Will keep you posted.
    James and Robin
    Rori, Gracie and Duke, our 4-legged babies
    2019 Ford F-250
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 150-series 295RL fifth wheel

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have contacted Grand Design and hope they respond since we have only had our fifth wheel 6 months. Will keep you posted.
    Please do post followup and flag me in it - thanks. I guess you're still under warranty and Grand Design will likely send you hinges.

After warranty GD will insist on sending the hinges to a dealer, where costs including shipping are often subject to hefty dealer markups. If in your dealings you can find out where the hinges come from that might be useful down the road.

Thanks again.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch