User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also had the "gush" the first couple of times I dumped. But not the past 2 times, only a dribble.
    MY theory is that there was debris preventing the valve from closing. I saw pieces of what looked like the black plastic pipe coming out on several occasions. they probably didn't flush the plumbing after they cut the pipes (I know they did not)
    I did buy the external valve, but I don't like the way it sticks out of the side so I didn't leave it attached.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mine dumps about 1 cup. I now have a small plastic container to catch it, then dump into the hose as I attach it to the trailer...Maybe will get the valve, someday, but ~$42 is a bit rich for this item at this point...
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Valterra valve was the first thing that got installed
    Yup, same here!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gate valve is a great idea. I think I’ll definitely get one. I’ve had some black water seepage with a closed valve over the five years I’ve had my Solitude. Sometimes it’s substantial. After I do a very thorough black tank flush, though, the valve seems to seat tightly again. I chalk this up to a small amount of debris or TP stuck at the valve opening, preventing a complete close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master IceMan View Post
    Hello,

When the Black water tank is closed, and I open the outlet, a gush of black water comes out.
    And obviously, there is no hose connected yet so it spills all over the ground -- yuk!

What is causing this problem? And how can I solve it?
    Thanks!
    Same problem with my 2020 310GK-R Solitude. Sometimes little to nothing and sometimes a quart or two. I've seen the comments on potential cause. I just went with a twist on Valterra cut off valve and cap at the end of the external flush pipe. I just saw one in stock at the local Camping World and I've seen them online. Online appears to run a little cheaper. No more surprises!
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you just want to avoid surprises without spending a lot on a valve, Valterra makes a clear cap. It has a garden hose type outlet with a small cap in case you see liquid and need to drain into a bucket without the large gush. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Suburban

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hnsbrighton View Post
    If you just want to avoid surprises without spending a lot on a valve, Valterra makes a clear cap. It has a garden hose type outlet with a small cap in case you see liquid and need to drain into a bucket without the large gush. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks for the link. I just ordered one.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookumdanno View Post
    The Black Tank valve is leaking. Either the seal is bad or there something blocking it from sealing. Some people are attaching a valve between the line and cap just to prevent this surprise. https://www.campingworld.com/twist-o...1&gclsrc=3p.ds
    Grand Designs cable system is not the best. Our Reflection leaks and sometimes the valve will not close. I just installed the valve mentioned and before I leave home next time I will fill the black water tank a little over half full and pour in a bottle of bleach. Hopefully that will clean the tank.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my previous trailer, I used a 3" cap that had a hose bib with a cap.
    I would slowly open the hose bib cap and look for any signs of liquid behind the cap before I would remove the 3" cap.
    If I found any liquid behind the hose bib cap, I carry a 5 gal bucket to catch any liquid behind the bib cap.
    I never needed the 5 gal bucket in 10 years.
    I still check and carry a 5 gal bucket, just in case.
    For the new GD, I found a clear 3" cap That I'm using now.
    I have not had the problem described above.
    But, I'm ready.......
    Hope this is helpful!
    Pat

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    It isnt necessarily leaking. If you see how the tanks are plumbed, there is no pitch on the header where all the tanks connect (above the coroplast). After you've dumped your tanks and then move the RV, the residual fluid in the header is what comes out of the outlet. This is why many of us use the twist on gate valve. Sure, it's possible the black valve is leaking, but with the amount of people that have this issue, I doubt all of those valves are leaking. I even replaced my black valves and tested them to be leak free. I still had that extra fluid after I've moved the RV after dumping.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Hello,
    I just put a gate valve on our Solitude 310 to solve this problem.
    Bret King
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali HD 4x4 crew cab, DRW, 6.6L Duramax/10 speed Allison
    2020 Solitude 310-GK (#19), Platinum paint scheme, B&W Companion 25K hitch
    Maine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast