User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElmonTX View Post
    Grand Designs cable system is not the best. Our Reflection leaks and sometimes the valve will not close. I just installed the valve mentioned and before I leave home next time I will fill the black water tank a little over half full and pour in a bottle of bleach. Hopefully that will clean the tank.
    Bleach is not recommended for our tanks; it can be hard on the seals, valves and fittings.

Ask Google to tell you about the "GEO Method" - you'll find quite a few pages around the internet. Dawn dish soap and Borax water softening powder, mixed in about five gallons of clean water after you've dumped a tank, is good maintenance and good cleaning for a tank, especially if you take the trailer for a drive after dumping and GEO-filling the tank.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same issue with our 303 and have a Valterra valve but haven't installed it yet. Since we always backflush our black tank, close it and empty the gray water last, we just put a bucket under the valve before we open it. We rarely get more than a quart of gray water usually less when we open it the next time, often we get none. Easy to dump and rinse the bucket. Someday we will probably get around to adding the Valterra valve, or not.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our GD is new, We gush as well. I assumed it was from jiggling the last bit from the tank. I put a bucket under it..got an icky surprise twice...on my shoes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary TV View Post
    Our GD is new, We gush as well. I assumed it was from jiggling the last bit from the tank. I put a bucket under it..got an icky surprise twice...on my shoes.
    Eventually it will stop being a surprise and will be less fun. Then you can install this valve on your dump outlet pipe:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...1P1F8QFR106C6J

The valve allows you to remove the cap, attach a dump hose, and then open the valve to release whatever was trapped in the system after the last dump and continue with dumping again.

At this moment it shows as out-of-stock at Amazon - it's been out a lot in the last six months or so as soaring RV sales has boosted demand for them - but people are finding them here and there, including on Amazon.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These valves are in stock at Etrailer.com
    Just ordered one.
    https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Waste-Va...terra/T58.html

Pat

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine would keep twisting when i would try to remove the cove. Once mounted I drilled a small hole and added a screw with some caulk as someone here suggested and it has worked great to keep it from twisting.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody I know has has "black-watered" their shoes at one time or another. A new gate valve at the outlet solved my problem, but I first had to cut off the spout and buy ABS glue (Lowes $25). Just adding another one would have made the connector stick out too far. (Note about using ABS glue...when you paint it on the pipes, it will start drying BEFORE you can put the brush down. HURRY or you won't get the pipes fully seated!)

Also, this may offer and added feature that may or may not apply to your situation but it really helped us out a lot. If you have two gray water tanks that empty through the same outlet, by adding the final gate calve you can leave both gray valves open which will allow them to work as a team and equalize with each other. This way you wont be forced to dump because the kitchen tank is full but the bathroom tank is near empty. We installed Water Mi$ers on the kitchen and bathroom sinks. With the Water Mi$ers and the final dump valve my wife and I can now go two full weeks of dry camping without having to empty any gray water. Our 2c.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be a couple of things from debris in the valve to just didn't push hard enough. Either way, I highly suggest getting a Valterra twist on valve for your discharge pipe. I know this because it happened to me, and the gush went into my neighbors front yard.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered a twist on valve from United RV. Best price I found.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick and Brenda
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 3.5L F150 XLT Crew Cab

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast