and now its $50.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    and now its $50.
    I just bought it for $22.99 (with $7.00 off for being a Good Sam Member) on Camping World.

I needed a couple of other things and I got free shipping for an order over $49.00 (again, as a GSM)($99.00 for free shipping for non-members).

The third post in this thread had the link to it (Bookumdanno's post).

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post

Also, this may offer and added feature that may or may not apply to your situation but it really helped us out a lot. If you have two gray water tanks that empty through the same outlet, by adding the final gate calve you can leave both gray valves open which will allow them to work as a team and equalize with each other. This way you wont be forced to dump because the kitchen tank is full but the bathroom tank is near empty. We installed Water Mi$ers on the kitchen and bathroom sinks. With the Water Mi$ers and the final dump valve my wife and I can now go two full weeks of dry camping without having to empty any gray water. Our 2c.

I might sggest that leaving the gray water valves open could invite Cross contamination from the residual or seeping black tank. Be careful out there.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swbailey View Post
    I might sggest that leaving the gray water valves open could invite Cross contamination from the residual or seeping black tank. Be careful out there.
    So? The grey water going to disposal would get contaminated, can’t see a downside there.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's that smell in the kitchen sink, shower...?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    So? The grey water going to disposal would get contaminated, can’t see a downside there.
    Its the camp site sewer fumes coming back up in the RV that will create a smell inside.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Its the camp site sewer fumes coming back up in the RV that will create a smell inside.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    The OP was talking about using a Valterra (or equivalent) valve at the discharge, leaving the other two open and letting the grey tanks equalize. You won’t get sewer gas back from the camp sewer as the Valterra valve remains closed.

Fireside Member Jefferson Beifuss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Everybody I know has has "black-watered" their shoes at one time or another. A new gate valve at the outlet solved my problem, but I first had to cut off the spout and buy ABS glue (Lowes $25). Just adding another one would have made the connector stick out too far. (Note about using ABS glue...when you paint it on the pipes, it will start drying BEFORE you can put the brush down. HURRY or you won't get the pipes fully seated!)

Also, this may offer and added feature that may or may not apply to your situation but it really helped us out a lot. If you have two gray water tanks that empty through the same outlet, by adding the final gate calve you can leave both gray valves open which will allow them to work as a team and equalize with each other. This way you wont be forced to dump because the kitchen tank is full but the bathroom tank is near empty. We installed Water Mi$ers on the kitchen and bathroom sinks. With the Water Mi$ers and the final dump valve my wife and I can now go two full weeks of dry camping without having to empty any gray water. Our 2c.
    I also used the permanently installed/ABS glued gate valve that fez111/Frank did. It got me that 2" back, keeping my plumbing tucked neatly beneath my rig. Also, I didn't have to deal with the gate valve twisting out of place, ever. Takes an extra few minutes to install.
    Jeff & Jean
    2015 GD Reflection 337RLS, Goodyear Endurance tires, JT Strongarm stabilizers
    2015 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat, w/ Sulastic spring shackles, Rancho shocks, airbag, 80 gal supplemental fuel tank, Curt Q20 hitch, Access rollup cover

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234