Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which New upgrades from dealer?

Hi all,
    What’s the general thoughts and consensus around which upgrades make sense to have the dealer handle immediately, and which are better off left to non-dealer pricing? I am assuming just like most things where dealers or builders sell add-ons, I’ll pay the max price for any options the dealer handles.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	971F58E3-9821-49CD-A254-5A358726C475.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	461.6 KB 
ID:	31515

This will be first rig, but I’m a competent home handyman. Manual labor isn’t a concern, but time and value are.

Our local dealer orders all the Solitudes with king bed, so that’s a given.
    Slide toppers also, I figure.

So for example, would it be a good idea for them to put in the generator prep, and then look for a used generator online?

Are the axles, brake, and tire upgrades better at the dealer, or better down the road, if/when we go full time and need the extra weight capability?

Thank you!

-Colin
    Last edited by JM0397; 01-10-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap, fat fingers, apologies for the scrambled title - I can’t edit that!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fix your title.
    Which rig are you looking at?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Hi all,
    What’s the general thoughts and consensus around which upgrades make sense to have the dealer handle immediately, and which are better off left to non-dealer pricing? I am assuming just like most things where dealers or builders sell add-ons, I’ll pay the max price for any options the dealer handles.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	971F58E3-9821-49CD-A254-5A358726C475.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	461.6 KB 
ID:	31515

This will be first rig, but I’m a competent home handyman. Manual labor isn’t a concern, but time and value are.

Our local dealer orders all the Solitudes with king bed, so that’s a given.
    Slide toppers also, I figure.

So for example, would it be a good idea for them to put in the generator prep, and then look for a used generator online?

Are the axles, brake, and tire upgrades better at the dealer, or better down the road, if/when we go full time and need the extra weight capability?

Thank you!

-Colin
    Since your asking me to spend your hard earned money here goes.
    I'd get the disk brakes, 7k or 8k axles will depend ton which 5er and what you do and plan on doing. Are you ft?
    I'd also go dp windows, gen prep, slide toppers and solar.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disk breaks, 8K axles with upgraded springs. Get your own upgraded tires (lots of study).
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all!
    Definitely a Solitude, and we are heavily leaning towards the 310, but might consider a 345.
    Just the two of us, 2 small dogs and a cat so either of the above give us ample room.
    We are PT to begin with and going to ease into things over this year, work full-time remote approval contingent but that is easy for me and probably okay for my wife.

Perusing the past threads, it sounds like we're making some good assumptions and plans - sounds like having the factory or dealer install the axles & breaks is in order. Per GD build page, the tire upgrade is mandatory with the axle & brake upgrade, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that on my own aftermarket.

I thought the same about just the generator prep, and then add-on aftermarket later when we need it.
    We'll most likely end up with the -R models, so some power backup up will be nice and the dealer price for solar feels reasonable, but I haven't researched aftermarket yet.

Slide toppers, yes will add those also.

Thanks everyone, you all are very helpful and we appreciate you taking the time to help out some ignorant newbies!

-Colin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Hi all,

-Colin
    Any discount on your rig would also apply to your options. For instance, the Onan Generator at $5,624 would really "only" cost you only $4,218 if you got a 25% discount on the price of the trailer from your dealer. Maybe that's cheaper than purchasing on your own after you receive your trailer.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    Any discount on your rig would also apply to your options. For instance, the Onan Generator at $5,624 would really "only" cost you only $4,218 if you got a 25% discount on the price of the trailer from your dealer. Maybe that's cheaper than purchasing on your own after you receive your trailer.
    Good to know, thank you!
    If you don't mind telling, what base price did you secure for your '21 310? (minus the add-ons if you have that), please. I'm just trying to build some ballpark parameters. Full MSRP on GDs build site is 92k msrp.
    So the "good deal" of -25% is around $69,000k, and great at -30% (if possible these days) is around $64,400

Thanks!