User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    On my 2020 310GK, the microwave is not powered by the inverter.
    My Momentum 398M was like that as well..... Note I said was. It was an easy fix
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaborra View Post
    I added the Solitude solar package to my 310GK factory order arriving sometime in the spring. I already purchased two 100AH 12V Battle Born Lithium batteries and a Champion Dual Fuel 2000W generator. The dealership will swap out and connect the batteries. Can someone provide me with video, literature, website anything that will explain how to charge the batteries use the generator in this arrangement? Do I need a separate charger to connect to generator and the batteries? thanks
    First, to charge your new Lithium batteries, you will probably need to upgrade your Converter to a "Lithium ready" Converter (most popular brand is Progressive Dynamics), check with GD or your Dealer to se if you already have a "Lithium ready" Converter.

To charge your batteries with your Generator, you simply plug your camper (using the shore power cord) into the Generator and let it run, you will need either a 50a to 20a "Dogbone" or a 30a to 20a "Dogbone" (depending on your camper [50 amp or 30 amp]) to convert your camper plug into your Generator.

Note: the "Dogbone" connectors mentioned above are just one foot electrical connectors that allow you to plug your camper into different plugs on a power pedestal or generator.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corgi1 View Post
    I have a 2021 Solitude 390RK-R with residential fridge and the factory solar package on order. I intend to put in two lithium batteries when it is delivered. Is there anything I will need to purchase besides the batteries? Does the factory solar package include a battery monitor and a converter suitable for lithium batteries?
    Curious if you've received your unit, and what you have found out about swapping to the LiFePo4 batteries? I have a Momentum on order with the solar package and also (should have) the generator when delivered. One of the first things I want to do is swap the batteries to LiFePo4 batteries. I know there is a component shortage, so their standard component may not be what is in the delivered unit.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Curious if you've received your unit, and what you have found out about swapping to the LiFePo4 batteries? I have a Momentum on order with the solar package and also (should have) the generator when delivered. One of the first things I want to do is swap the batteries to LiFePo4 batteries. I know there is a component shortage, so their standard component may not be what is in the delivered unit.
    No, not yet. I checked on it earlier this week and was told that it had come off the line on 3/1 and was sent over to paint for the customized FBP we ordered. They said it was very close to being done at paint and then would be shipped to California. I expect to get it in a couple weeks.
    Jerry & Patty
    Ordered: 2021 Ford F450 & 2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    SOLD: 2012 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB & 2018 Solitude 377MBS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our on-order 378 will have factory solar and we think, a generator. I plan on expanding the factory solar panel to 600W total. We also have a 200W portable solar suitcase to chase the sun. I have 4 Crown 6V 260 ah batteries that we will also likely exchange for 2 or 3 LiFePo batteries at some point soon. Given the solar and gen setup, does it make sense to just go ahead and change out WFCO converter and factory inverter for something like the Victron Multiplus 3000?
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Our on-order 378 will have factory solar and we think, a generator. I plan on expanding the factory solar panel to 600W total. We also have a 200W portable solar suitcase to chase the sun. I have 4 Crown 6V 260 ah batteries that we will also likely exchange for 2 or 3 LiFePo batteries at some point soon. Given the solar and gen setup, does it make sense to just go ahead and change out WFCO converter and factory inverter for something like the Victron Multiplus 3000?
    The factory converter/charger will not harm your LiFePO4 batteries - but you won't get full use out of them because it won't charge them all the way. I switched to a lithium-specific converter/charger when I installed the BBs. Also, the solar charge controller in our rig came set for lead-acid/flooded batteries (what the dealer would have installed stock) and had to be changed to lithium.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The factory converter/charger will not harm your LiFePO4 batteries - but you won't get full use out of them because it won't charge them all the way. I switched to a lithium-specific converter/charger when I installed the BBs. Also, the solar charge controller in our rig came set for lead-acid/flooded batteries (what the dealer would have installed stock) and had to be changed to lithium.

Rob

In addition, a lithium convertor will charge faster than the standard WFCO it comes with.

As for expanding the solar to 600 watts. I do not think it is possible with the Jaboni solar controller. The best I could do was 540 watts. There are several factors that need to be considered when doing the expansion. But adding another 300 watt Jaboni panel will not work.
    I ended up adding 2 120 watt panels.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post

In addition, a lithium convertor will charge faster than the standard WFCO it comes with.

As for expanding the solar to 600 watts. I do not think it is possible with the Jaboni solar controller. The best I could do was 540 watts. There are several factors that need to be considered when doing the expansion. But adding another 300 watt Jaboni panel will not work.
    I ended up adding 2 120 watt panels.
    Two thoughts on the above post:

First, adding a second 300 Watt panel (as long as it is electrically matched) is actually a good option because the panels only produce 300 Watts at high noon on very clear days (slight exaggeration) so the extra 60 Watts would only be wasted in rare circumstances. In reality what would happen is that you would reach your peak Wattage of 540w more often, and for longer periods, because you have an extra 60 Watts that will generate power when the Sun is not "Perfect".

Second, if you want to add a second panel and your current Solar Charge Controller won't handle the Wattage, simply wire the new panel with it's own charge controller (they are not too expensive) and tie it into your battery(ies) with a Buss Bar. This method is especially useful if you cannot get an "electrically matched" panel to your first panel. This has the added advantage of allowing you to shop for the best and/or lowest cost panel to add to your system.

Personally, I would choose option one, but, only if the two panels are electrically matched. The excess Wattage is simply curtailed on those rare occasions where both panels are producing 100% of their rated Watts.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Two thoughts on the above post:

First, adding a second 300 Watt panel (as long as it is electrically matched) is actually a good option because the panels only produce 300 Watts at high noon on very clear days (slight exaggeration) so the extra 60 Watts would only be wasted in rare circumstances. In reality what would happen is that you would reach your peak Wattage of 540w more often, and for longer periods, because you have an extra 60 Watts that will generate power when the Sun is not "Perfect".

Second, if you want to add a second panel and your current Solar Charge Controller won't handle the Wattage, simply wire the new panel with it's own charge controller (they are not too expensive) and tie it into your battery(ies) with a Buss Bar. This method is especially useful if you cannot get an "electrically matched" panel to your first panel. This has the added advantage of allowing you to shop for the best and/or lowest cost panel to add to your system.

Personally, I would choose option one, but, only if the two panels are electrically matched. The excess Wattage is simply curtailed on those rare occasions where both panels are producing 100% of their rated Watts.
    The limitation of that controller is 550 watts.
    I actually was advised by Jaboni not to exceed that limitation, or the voltage limitation. I was also involved in another thread on another site, where the resident gurus said the same thing. I could not find any panel(s) I could add that would not exceed the voltage limitation that would get me to 550 watts. 540 was the best I could do and stay within the limitations specified by Jaboni.... Now that doesn't mean that such a combination cannot be obtained now... As I did this about 6 monthes ago.

Of course adding another controller could always be done. as could other methods.. But I am pretty sure that the OP was thinking he could just do a simple 300 watt panel addition leaving everything else as is... That is what I thought too, until I was advised by many, including Jaboni that it would not work.
    It is not all bad. That Jaboni panel is quite expensive compared to what I went with. Two 120 watt Aims panels. The system works great, and was plug and play.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    Do you mean the solar charge controller had to be replaced or just the setting on your existing controller had to have the settings adjusted to lithium by the user?
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast