User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude Factory Solar Package - do I need anything else to add lithium batteries?

I have a 2021 Solitude 390RK-R with residential fridge and the factory solar package on order. I intend to put in two lithium batteries when it is delivered. Is there anything I will need to purchase besides the batteries? Does the factory solar package include a battery monitor and a converter suitable for lithium batteries?
    Jerry & Patty
    Ordered: 2021 Ford F450 & 2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    SOLD: 2012 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB & 2018 Solitude 377MBS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Jaboni solar charge controller that will come with your Solitude has a setting for Lithium batteries. The controller also has a readout that gives you the status of the batteries. What you will need to change is the converter/charger. The OEM converter/charger will most likely be a WFCO unit which only has charge parameters for lead-acid. I replaced ours with a lithium-compatible model approved by Battle Born.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 04-22-2021 at 07:58 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The Jaboni solar charge controller that will come with your Solitude has a setting for Lithium batteries. The controller also has a readout that gives you the status of the batteries. What you will need to change is the converter/charger. The OEM converter/charger will most like be a WFCO unit which only has charge parameters for lead-acid. I replaced ours with a lithium-compatible model approved by Battle Born.

Rob
    Rob
    Which model did you get? Thanks!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambuild View Post
    Rob
    Which model did you get? Thanks!
    Which model what? Converter/charger? If that's what you're asking, it's a WFCO 9850L2. There are many on this and other forums who don't think much of the WFCO converters and advocate for others, but it has worked fine for us.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your quick response!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corgi1 View Post
    I have a 2021 Solitude 390RK-R with residential fridge and the factory solar package on order. I intend to put in two lithium batteries when it is delivered. Is there anything I will need to purchase besides the batteries? Does the factory solar package include a battery monitor and a converter suitable for lithium batteries?
    From other posts, before I purchased my 310GK, I found this information about the factory installed solar.

Jaboni 300w polycrystalline panel - $774
    Magnum Dimensions CSW2012 2000w inverter - $600
    Jaboni 30 amp MPPT solar charge controller - $180
    Jaboni remote display for charge controller- $53
    Jaboni docking port - $45

Retail price for components would be about $1,652 total.

Factory system will power...
    • Receptacle for main TV
    • One Receptacle on each side of bed.
    • Refrigerator.
    • One receptacle in kitchen.
    • One receptacle for bedroom TV.
    • One receptacle in bathroom.

Now that I HAVE my trailer I should go through and verify what is actually powered by the inverter.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corgi1 View Post
    Also included with the Solar Package is:
    Sensata Magnum CSW-TS20-HM24 20 Amp Transfer Switch w/Molex 24 - $137
    Magnum CSW-RS Inverter Remote - $35

After doing an energy audit of my trailer I find that the Inverter supplies power to my Sub Panel when the Transfer Switch (CSW-TS20-HM24) detects no shore power.

The Sub Panel has three circuit breakers in it that are for the:
    (1) refrigerator and vacuum
    (2) all of the GFCI outlets (which includes 4 kitchen outlets, bathroom, outlets on both sides of the bed, outlet between dresser and washer/dryer, and the bedroom TV)
    (3) outlets for the TV, stove, 2 outlets on the floor in the slide out and 2 outlets on either side of the couch.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 310GK is on order and goes into production soon. I just added the GD Solar Package. The dealership confirmed with GD that the system will power all the AC sources except the air conditioners. I reached out to GD about the main components but have not heard back. I also contacted Northern Arizona Wind & Sun who said that the GD price for components and installation was a good price.

Other changes include:
    - outside will be white, similar to Reflection.
    - white cushioned, black wooded chairs for black metal white cushion.
    - bathroom shower does not have a bench.
    - Java interior replaced with stone, similar to Reflection.

I'm a hands on guy and done all the wiring for several home basement renovation and home improvement projects. I have researched RV solar installs and decided this project is not for me. Although I understand the components and paper it doesn't look difficult. I decided to get the factory to do it. The thought of crawling in the basement, fishing wires and ordering more components that I didn't expect or forgot, sorting through the maze of wires in the belly would give me so much frustration. You also need to add a DC sub-panel which is where you decide what sources to power with the battery inverter. All you would hear is cursing in a foreign language and by the time I was done everyone around me would be fluent at swearing in Hungarian. The final straw was when I watched a You Tube video for dummies, by a 20 something electrical engineer explain how simple it was but if you made a mistake you could fry your entry RV electrical system.

This system will give me piece of mind to dry camp for a few days at a time and allow us to upgrade and expand if needed. Yes, much more expensive than a portable inverter generator.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added the Solitude solar package to my 310GK factory order arriving sometime in the spring. I already purchased two 100AH 12V Battle Born Lithium batteries and a Champion Dual Fuel 2000W generator. The dealership will swap out and connect the batteries. Can someone provide me with video, literature, website anything that will explain how to charge the batteries use the generator in this arrangement? Do I need a separate charger to connect to generator and the batteries? thanks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaborra View Post
    I just added the GD Solar Package. The dealership confirmed with GD that the system will power all the AC sources except the air conditioners.
    On my 2020 310GK, the microwave is not powered by the inverter.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast