User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat to tanks w/o propane?

Has anyone adapted a heater w/a fan to connect to a heat outlet so it will blow warm air thru the tank heater system? Of course it would be on a temp-actuated switch.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I have not adapted a heat source to the four tanks that I have, I did install a 500 watt spotlight to the rear of the water distribution pannel. It does warm up the area nicely. We have not had to use it, as the whole RV concept, for us, is to not be in cold weather in the winter. This year is the exception, due to covid.

Gordon Fuchs
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rvcomfortsystems.com/add-on-system
    I considered this but I too do not spend enough time out in cold weather to justify it. The beauty of this is it is incorporated onto the fan exhaust of the furnace so it uses the existing duct work. This ducting is used to heat the tanks and underbelly.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 01-11-2021 at 07:25 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10-4. I was looking for a way to get some heat to the tanks while parked during the winter (we don't camp during the winter either). It's plugged in, so it seems possible. We bought it and parked it, so haven't gone through it like I intend to in the spring. i was hoping there was an existing heat register somewhere that I could easily access, then make an aluminum shroud to force warm air through the tank duct. Was hoping that someone else had already had a similar idea so I wouldn't have to create the wheel.

My 2nd option is to drop the belly wrap and attach traditional electrical heating elements to each tank, at which time I could also add Toronados (whirly-gigs) to both gray tanks. Tank sensors are by nature touchy anyway, but shampoos, body oils, and hair screw them up even more. I've added Toronados to the last 2 trailers, eventually I'll get them on this one also. I prefer the traditional dump design, using all big pipe, gray at the far end then black so the gray washes out what the black leaves behind. Choking the tank drains down to half size reduces the evacuation effect, so I may be totally rebuilding the drain system depending on how much time and trouble it looks to be.Adding tank heater elements would probably be the easiest part of the project.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue