User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Couple View Post
    I'd slap the Sailuns on before the trip. What size do you want to go with..235x80 or 85's which will be a little taller. I had the 235x85x16's on my Fuzion for 3-1/2 yrs and they were great. I'll probably go with Sailuns when my Westlakes hit about 4 yrs old.
    I'm thinking I'll just go with the stock size 235-80's. I'm having trouble finding someone to install them now, the local Discount Tire said they could order and install but now say their warehouse no longer stocks them. Also said they won't install tires they didn't sell, I guess for liability reasons. I'm looking at truck tire shops in town now.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one mentioned, but, get them balanced.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Ok I'd love to hear from the more experienced veterans on here. My Solitude is 2.5 years old and has been towed about 5K miles including the delivery trip to the dealer. It is always stored inside and I monitor tire pressures religiously, the Westlake G rated tires look brand new. The date codes are 1018 on three and 0318 on the fourth one. I'm am towing it from San Antonio to Ft Wilderness in April and allowing myself 3 days travel time to get there. I have no cushion for a blowout or related damage as family is flying in the morning after I get there so I have to be there. I plan on putting Sailuns on it this year but just debating if I should get one more trip out of the Westlakes, this will be the farthest I've ever towed it. Thoughts and advice is very much appreciated as always.
    I’m in the same boat as you, 2.5 yrs old, 5k miles, still look brand new. I have absolutely no plans to change them anytime soon, at this rate I should get another 5 yrs out of them at least.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    No one mentioned, but, get them balanced.....
    Good advice and I will. I had the Westlakes balanced last year and they took a fair amount of weight on a couple of them. It did seem to tow a little smoother afterwards.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Txfivver, for what it's worth, I got over 22,000 miles on my (Solitude 310GK) OEM "G"-rated Westlakes & OEM suspension/drum brakes without any issues from coast-to-coast over terrible highways. I'm sure a lot of folks on this forum would say I was "testing fate," but that was my experience regardless. I was mindful of the air pressures, lug nut torques, etc. & visually inspected them regularly for cuts, tears & separation. Good luck & safe travels! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    @Txfivver, for what it's worth, I got over 22,000 miles on my (Solitude 310GK) OEM "G"-rated Westlakes & OEM suspension/drum brakes without any issues from coast-to-coast over terrible highways. I'm sure a lot of folks on this forum would say I was "testing fate," but that was my experience regardless. I was mindful of the air pressures, lug nut torques, etc. & visually inspected them regularly for cuts, tears & separation. Good luck & safe travels! -Diego
    Thank you Diego and that's good info!
    Jeff

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    I second that; no issues with my G rated Westlakes; 2017 Solitude with ~ 20k miles. Can't say my suspension survived unscathed, but not related to my Westlakes. Tread wear was NOT my issue, I was starting to see signs of dry rot. I literally just bought 4 Sailuns (235/85R16). I ended up ordering them on-line. I have spoken with a local tire shop that will install and balance for $50. Still have to bring it in to get done.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    ... I've put off installing the Nichols valve stems so I can use the Ford TPMS I ordered with the truck last year so I get 2 birds with 1 stone haha..
    You will like using the Ford TPMS with the trailer. I installed both camera/TPMS and love it. I did use the Nichols valve stems and relocation kit for the camera/TPMS connection. Great products.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    You will like using the Ford TPMS with the trailer. I installed both camera/TPMS and love it. I did use the Nichols valve stems and relocation kit for the camera/TPMS connection. Great products.
    Cool, thats good to hear. I did already install the Ford camera on the back of the trailer, it's so nice to have the display show in the dash screen. The TPMS is that last thing to setup, the repeater is already mounted in the front bay.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my Westlakes with Goodyear Endurance and it was a great move. The ride is noticeably better since I run them at 10 psi less now. $400 for peace of mind when driving around $80,000 worth of stuff was a no-brainer for me.
    Howard & Ellen

2018 RAM Rebel Hemi 27700 miles
    2018 Imagine 2600RB 10704 miles
    Equal-i-zer 14,000 hitch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast