User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Europe these kind of tires are used up to 10 years, and then even preventive change.
    And wit a little care this can be safe.
    That care is next.
    1. Keep presure high enaugh, I am able to calculate a safe highest pressure with maximum reserve, but still no bumping.
    2. Cover tires ( not when driving ) for sunlight.
    3. Dont store tires close to electric machines that produce peroxides like ozon.

Especially part 1 goes wrong often.
    Yudging the weights is dangerous. ST tires 65mph is the speed for wich maxload is calculated by the tiremakers, and the pressure/ loadcapacity-lists are made with the old calculation for diagonal tires, wich lead to lower pressure than the now used for radial P-tires.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    I would worry more about your battery keeping your refrigerator running than your 14 ply, G rated Westlake tires.

On your way to Florida, checkout Cajun Palms RV Resort, 1055 N Barn Rd, Breaux Bridge, LA. Nice park, easy off/on from I-10.
    Thanks for the tip on the campground, I know just about where that is and might try it. I'm not worried about the battery running the fridge, I've already towed it at least 5 hrs running on battery only and they were fine. My ace in the hole though in the Onan, I figure I can run it 2-3 hours a day while towing as well. I usually run it an hour before I get where I'm going to cool it down inside anyway, much nicer setting up that way!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb Ogburn View Post
    2019 solitude with the same “G” rated tires as you have and they to are 2018 vintage. Approx 6-7k miles on them. We just making a 250 mile quick holiday trip to visit family. Pre-inspection complete and air checks on all tires, complete! I’m good for this one last short trip on the Westlakes and then Sailun S637 on this spring. Made it ~100-110 miles into the trip and just had pulled back into right lane from passing 18-wheeler and had a tread separation and then blowout on passenger side. Luckily there was a parking lot to pull into so I can change tire. And yes, shirting damage!
    New Sailuns on all five rims before heading home 3-days later.
    Plus a side note: if you (or any new Rv buyers) get talked into purchasing the “Road Hazard” tire and rim guarantee/warranty, don’t. We (I) didn’t know it before signing all of the paperwork and getting our neat GD-Solitude carrying case, but Lionshead already has a 5-year warranty on their rims & tires. It doesn’t cover road hazard though. As for the additional policy we purchased for “road hazard”, it you don’t have a 2x4 or rebar jammed through it, you’ll be denied. Sorry for the ramble!
    As for your question, if you are questioning your OEM tires, replace them now. Your mind will be at ease on your next short trip and on your long up coming summer trip.
    Wow thanks for the input! I think that's the first story I've read about a Westlake G tire blowing out, guess no tire is immune. I've pretty much made up my mind that the Sailuns are going on along with my Ford TPMS before I go. I want to enjoy the trip and Disney World without dealing with any tire issues or damage. Quality time with my grandson and daughter are worth way more to me than the price of a set of tires!
    Jeff

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just replaced my Westlakes yesterday with 5 Good Year Endurance (yes, the new spare also). For me, it's piece of mind.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider Taskmaster Provider G-Rated Tires @ America’s/Discount Tire

Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Wow thanks for the input! I think that's the first story I've read about a Westlake G tire blowing out, guess no tire is immune. I've pretty much made up my mind that the Sailuns are going on along with my Ford TPMS before I go. I want to enjoy the trip and Disney World without dealing with any tire issues or damage. Quality time with my grandson and daughter are worth way more to me than the price of a set of tires!
    Jeff, I know Sailuns get a “heavy nod” on this forum, but you might take a look at the Taskmaster Provider G-Rated Tires offered by America’s/Discount Tire. (Disclaimer: I don’t represent America’s/Discount Tire in any way, shape or form! I’ve just had good experience with them.) So far, I have well over 10,000 miles on mine & they’re performing excellent so far.

I’m sure you can’t go wrong with the Sailuns, but I went with the Taskmaster Provider Tires because they were nearly identical to the Westlake G-Rated tire’s various ratings (speed/weight/ply etc.). Plus, in my experience with America’s/Discount Tire, they have always honored their Tire Road Hazard Warranty with no added guff. A huge benefit for me (and the one that tipped the scales on my decision) is that I was getting my tires from a nationwide chain (with a reputable tire warranty) that gives me piece of mind when I travel, as I can usually find a retailer close by for any potential repairs.

Just something else to consider. Good luck & safe travels! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just our 2 cents, Carlisle has a "G" rated 14 Ply tire rated 110 Psi well under $200 each. They cost way less than the tires on my Taurus.

Also, buying an Eez-Tire system was the best thing I ever did. My insurance company is happy too. No more $1700 claims for blow-out damage. Our Solitude tires gain 25-35 Lbs while driving. My rims are rated 110 max Psi.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Highly recommend the sailun tires don't go with goodyears I had them and had nothing but problems went to the sailun tires and have been problem free plus the sailuns are a bit less money than Goodyear and a lot better tire in my opinion

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmreaper View Post
    Highly recommend the sailun tires don't go with goodyears I had them and had nothing but problems went to the sailun tires and have been problem free plus the sailuns are a bit less money than Goodyear and a lot better tire in my opinion
    I just had a local truck tire dealer order me 5 of the Sailun 235-80-16 G rated tires. My new valve stems from Nichols came in so they will swap them out and install the Ford TPMS I ordered with the truck last year. I will have them installed and balanced probably next week. It an expense I probably could have put off but this Disney trip is too important to me and I want to enjoy it. The rest of the Solitude has been a real pleasure so far so it should be the trip of a lifetime for us!
    Jeff

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I just had a local truck tire dealer order me 5 of the Sailun 235-80-16 G rated tires. My new valve stems from Nichols came in so they will swap them out and install the Ford TPMS I ordered with the truck last year. I will have them installed and balanced probably next week. It an expense I probably could have put off but this Disney trip is too important to me and I want to enjoy it. The rest of the Solitude has been a real pleasure so far so it should be the trip of a lifetime for us!
    Very wise decision, nothing worse than have tire blow on busy interstate.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thought I'd post a follow up on this thread. Finally got the Sailuns and my Ford TPMS installed with the valve stems from Nichols yesterday. Towed it about 20 miles home and it does seem to roll down the road a little easier but too soon to tell much difference. I really like the tire pressure readout in the dash, so handy! The programming was super easy also. Start the truck, go into program mode in the trailer section and it tells you which tire to do first. I only had to let about 30 psi out and the horn honked meaning its done. Did the other three and all set, slick! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TPMS (2).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	32041
    Jeff

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234