User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any 2020 or 2021 GMC 3500HD owners on here?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2021 GMC 3500HD SRW just curious if anyone else on here is driving this vehicle. It will be a huge upgrade over my 2018 2500HD in terms on towing capacity. I debated the Dually route but 80% of my driving doesn't require a DRW. If anything as time goes by my trailer will like get smaller as the kids get older so I would think this will tow my 35' TT great since my 2500HD does a great job already.
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up my 2020 last September and has just over 4k mi so far. Had a 2014 1/2 ton so jumped over 3/4 ton straight to 1 ton SRW for payload capacity. DRW didnt make sense for main daily driver and was not interested to go that big on the truck. Week after I got it DW and I drove over to coast to look at trailers, DW thought we were going to take her car as she was nervous about ride quality, but about 3/4 way over she commented on how nice the ride actually was. Have no major complaints so far, had couple trips so far and couple more trips planned over next few months, looking forward to this year with our setup and putting it through some miles.
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynn1427 View Post
    Picked up my 2020 last September and has just over 4k mi so far. Had a 2014 1/2 ton so jumped over 3/4 ton straight to 1 ton SRW for payload capacity. DRW didnt make sense for main daily driver and was not interested to go that big on the truck. Week after I got it DW and I drove over to coast to look at trailers, DW thought we were going to take her car as she was nervous about ride quality, but about 3/4 way over she commented on how nice the ride actually was. Have no major complaints so far, had couple trips so far and couple more trips planned over next few months, looking forward to this year with our setup and putting it through some miles.
    Thanks Wynn, curious what colour you went with and why Denali and not the AT4? I'm kinda bummed in the fact the colour options for the AT4 are very limited. A lot more options for Denali it seems.
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy, I posed this question in another thread since it's generic and not model-specific, but curious what y'all here have for bed lengths on your GMC-Chevy 3500s.

Bed length: Standard or Long, and why did you pick one over the other?

I was looking for standard originally, but seems like long is the better answer, all things considered. -- For pulling a Solitude 310 or 345, so 5th wheel definitely, not a TT.

Thanks,
    Colin

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-bed-pros-cons

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    Thanks Wynn, curious what colour you went with and why Denali and not the AT4? I'm kinda bummed in the fact the colour options for the AT4 are very limited. A lot more options for Denali it seems.
    Just standard white on mine, would have liked tricoat (last truck had it) but dealer that had one wanted to put my name on next one arriving and didnt even see it the actual truck on their lot since their numbers were not even close for what I had planned. Denali was the one I took since one dealer was only one to play ball with msrp - negotiated discount - current incentives, 3 other dealers were holding firm at msrp - current incentives. 2020 stock was slim at end of September and sounded like there may be some more hitting dealer lots to wrap up 2020's but would be taking orders for 2021's coming up. AT4 seems to be an additional 3k on MSRP over Denali from what I saw but didnt see anything within 250mi radius so never really dug into the variations/color choices between two.
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up 2020 GMC Denali after trading in a 6 week old 2500 high country duramax. The difference is night & day. PIA to park; but I park further away, walking won’t kill me. ****** ends a bit stiffer, but I’ve gotten use to it now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0DB9318B-2092-45AD-9B7E-CCC5A8D9661C.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took delivery yesterday - Chevy 3500 LTZ Diesel SWD.
    If anyone is shopping, feel free to hit me up for findings & comments about the state of 3500 shopping these days. Inventory very low from the end-of-year run for tax breaks.
    The High Country and Denali are easier to find due to higher price, I assume.
    WTs available, but who wants no options???
    All the mid-level trims are few and far between if you're looking for new, but they are out there and a little bit of dealing is available.
    GM/Chevy factory incentives are pretty nice right now. I know they do something every month, but our incentives knocked about $5k off and then I managed to talk down about another $2k.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210121_113656.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	31705

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pretty set on an F-450 but just recently started seriously considering the 3500HD.

My use case is to have a truck that can haul 17,000# well, but that I can also use to explore the area in relative comfort after we've unhitched. I'm also a newb, so things like active safety and cameras are important to me. I'm leaning toward the GMC because it seems like it's the "tamest" of the heavy duty trucks and offers good cameras and decent active safety.

Here's some of my thinking:

Pros:

1. IFS should mean a smoother ride when not towing
    2. Seems like it has the quietest cabin of all the heavy duty trucks
    3. Big fan of the camera system, although anything longer than ~32' can't use the "invisible trailer" mode. But even still, the other camera modes are hella trick
    4. Price-wise, I can get a brand new (optioned exactly how I want) 2021 3500HD DRW Denali for about the same as I'd pay for a 2019 Platinum F-450 with 35K miles
    5. Nice trailering features like jackknife warning, light checks, maintenance reminders, trailer TPMS
    6. HUD seems useful
    7. Love those cutout steps on the side of the bed
    8. I actually like the "dated" interior

Cons:

1. Upfitter switches, while available, are user-installed and it seems like a colossal full-weekend PITA job
    2. Some reviews said the front hood is very high, making it hard to gauge where the front of the truck is. Cameras will help here, but thinking this might still be an occasional issue
    3. Turning radius stinks, similar to other 3500 trucks
    4. I really wish that screen was bigger and offered split mode like RAM so I could watch cameras AND see what's on the radio at the same time
    5. The insane popularity of Ford trucks makes me think that if I need service in the middle of nowhere, I'm more likely to get back on the road quicker with a Ford (F-450 tires aside)
    6. And similarly, there's also a ton of online DIY/troubleshooting content available for the Ford Super Duty trucks