User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trailer Cover Recomendations?

Hello All,

DW and I just picked up our new Toyota Tundra and will be purchasing a new Imagine XLS 22MLE in a few weeks.

I live in NH and will want to protect our new camper with a cover.

Any recommendations from you owners out there for a good commercial trailer cover?

-Thanks,
    Dave in NH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Hello All,

DW and I just picked up our new Toyota Tundra and will be purchasing a new Imagine XLS 22MLE in a few weeks.

I live in NH and will want to protect our new camper with a cover.

Any recommendations from you owners out there for a good commercial trailer cover?

-Thanks,
    Dave in NH
    We were strongly advise against using a cover. Apparently when the wind get into them they'll do more harm then good. They also don't breath as advertised. I just got a cover for the ac.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with an Adco all climate + wind designer series. It’s been covered since late October and has seen a few wind storms already and it held up fine. We don’t get much sand/dust when it’s windy here. I’ll find out in the spring if covering was a good idea or not.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    We were strongly advise against using a cover. Apparently when the wind get into them they'll do more harm then good. They also don't breath as advertised. I just got a cover for the ac.

Hiya Ynot4me2,

I'm just wondering if you had direct experience with a full trailer cover. Your word "apparently" makes it seem like you don't.

I know that I have heard that the cheap "woven plastic" type of blue tarps you buy at the local hardware store can cause scuffing in paint, fiberglass and other surfaces if used.

My concern is sun fading and keeping snow and ice off the roof and trailer to avoid eventual ice expansion damage. I like your idea about covering the a/c units.

-Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    We went with an Adco all climate + wind designer series. It’s been covered since late October and has seen a few wind storms already and it held up fine. We don’t get much sand/dust when it’s windy here. I’ll find out in the spring if covering was a good idea or not.
    Hiya Orbsah,

How does that Adco cover fit on your trailer?

-Dave

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used one here in north Texas for 2 years at my house until we sold that particular trailer. I believe it was the adco all weather. It s was soft and breathable. Dried quick after rain. It tied down well and fit snug with the trailer. Used a short piece of a pool noodle to keep the gutter spout from ripping a hole in it. If it fits snug and tied down good, wind won’t be an issue.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched someone put one on a Seismic once in a park. About 20 mins into watching this poor guy struggle I decided "nope" and just hope it will hold up.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Hiya Ynot4me2,

I'm just wondering if you had direct experience with a full trailer cover. Your word "apparently" makes it seem like you don't.

I know that I have heard that the cheap "woven plastic" type of blue tarps you buy at the local hardware store can cause scuffing in paint, fiberglass and other surfaces if used.

My concern is sun fading and keeping snow and ice off the roof and trailer to avoid eventual ice expansion damage. I like your idea about covering the a/c units.

-Dave
    Nope, after months and months of research and asking around we opted for the no cover option. With the exception of the ac cover. I do regularly inspect the roof to insure everything is ok. The ideal would be a barn style post garage, or indoor heated garage. [emoji7][emoji7]

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I covered my 2014 Jayco since it was new
    Adco designer
    It keeps the trailer fairly clean is a benefit
    No harm done to the trailer but after 6 years the cover was getting quite a few tears

I will not be covering our new Imagine or at least not this year
    We get considerable snow and high winds but I don’t feel the cover does or did a whole lot
    I don’t see any harm with snow accumulation

In my opinion covers are probably more beneficial to those that need sun protection

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does that Adco cover fit on your trailer?
    It does seem a little baggy on the top edge of the cap and at the rear. I thought I followed the directions for choosing the proper length. Maybe I messed up or the 310 is on the short side of that particular range of cover lengths. No big deal as there are cinch straps that keep it from flapping too much.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast