User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is the 2021 25G equipped for cold weather?

We’ll be doing some cold weather camping over the next few months and I’m curious as to how it’s engineered/equipped to handle it. The brochure doesn’t say much about it.
    Tim & Barb
    2021 25G
    2021 Ford F-350

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can view the GD construction page for that line here:

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...r/construction

The G-Class Momentum travel trailers seem to be pretty well put together - much like the fifth wheels in terms of the floor insulation, etc. You'll need to run the main furnace to keep the basement from freezing (make sure you have plenty of propane) and use a heated water hose if you plan to use "city" water rather than the fresh tank.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You can view the GD construction page for that line here:

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...r/construction

The G-Class Momentum travel trailers seem to be pretty well put together - much like the fifth wheels in terms of the floor insulation, etc. You'll need to run the main furnace to keep the basement from freezing (make sure you have plenty of propane) and use a heated water hose if you plan to use "city" water rather than the fresh tank.

Rob
    Thanks. Good link. Interesting that it says tank heater pads but there’s no switch to turn them on/off.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timurray2000 View Post
    Thanks. Good link. Interesting that it says tank heater pads but there’s no switch to turn them on/off.
    Even those with switches are thermostatically controlled. I'm not sure why there wouldn't be a switch for them, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Even those with switches are thermostatically controlled. I'm not sure why there wouldn't be a switch for them, though.

Rob
    Yea Rob I agree. Our 1st RV was a Flagstaff and it had a switch to turn on/off the thermostatically controlled tank heaters. I wasn't sure why you would ever turn them off. I just realized I had posted a question like this a while back and on of the GD reps responded that the G-Series TT don't have heating pads. I've asked her to double check that.
    Tim & Barb
    2021 25G
    2021 Ford F-350

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes I also checked the parts "ordering list" for my 25G on the GD website and I could not find tank pad heaters anywhere in the list. It only has forced heat from the furnace.

As I found out, it would be best to check the underbelly and seal anything that is still open (bug hole above spare tire mount). Also don't forget the bedroom closet and storage area is not heated (or at least not very well), there is no furnace vent in there and there is an open air vent at the top which would let all that hot air out anyways.

Since I'm running a complete Victron setup with a Cerbo Gx, I'm going to just put add a temp sensor in the underbelly so I can monitor it. May also add one to the closet but not too worried about that area (just end up with damn cold clothes in the morning!). Maybe leave the closet door open at night.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues