User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer you question, yes, I had a bit of a problem that has since been fixed. In another thread somewhere it's about the sidewalls separating from the floor. On mine I had to re-weld the side aluminum wallstuds to the base due to flexing in the frame beams and the (very poorly welded wallstuds). I called grand design and the actually had a packet describing how to fix it (kinda tells me they've had a problem with this in the past. Mine's a 2014 369rl). I posted pictures of how I did the repair, G.D. called for screwing the flat repair panel, and I opted to plug weld them. i haven't had any problem since that. I cut off the stock bumper and replaced it with a heavier tube with 3 receivers to mount my rack. I actually have another rack (very close to the one pictured, a little bit smaller for sale if interested) located in Phoenix.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had my rig for over five years. I live in Upstate New York. I have towed cross country to Seattle and back, down and back to Alabama, down and back to Tennessee a few times, down the east coast multiple times, and all over the Northeast more times than I can count. I have had no issues at all with frames or slides.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoElkhounds View Post
    I put a platform on the back of my Reflection that I think would easily hold 500 pounds. I used 2" square section of square 1/4" tube stock in the hitch receiver.
    On the ends, I used 1/4" rectangular tube stock and bolted them to the existing hitch mounting bolts on either side.

Attachment 31528

Attachment 31529

I made sure to drill the holes in the rectangular tube stock so that the top edges aligned with the center bar. I then bolted a diamond plate pan to that and installed a tool box on top of that.

Attachment 31530

Attachment 31531

Did not need to weld to the frame, but I did have to get longer bolts on the hitch mount to go through the tube stock. Any local metal shop can fabricate all the supplies and then you can install.

DAN
    Awesome set up!! May i ask what those holes are on the tool box? they look like either vents or speakers, but i can't tell ha
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins, CCSB 4x4
    (G56 manual tranny w/Valair dual disc clutch)
    Current: 2021 Reflection 31MB
    Previous: 2013 Cougar 279RKSWE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbAppeal View Post
    Awesome set up!! May i ask what those holes are on the tool box? they look like either vents or speakers, but i can't tell ha
    The ones on the back are the exhaust holes for my dual Honda EU2100's. The one on the side is to access the generator pull start and provide ventilation. There is also one on the front of the box that you can't see for ventilation. The holes are finished with deck lids so I can seal them up when not in use. I just leave the generators in the box. They are wired through a transfer switch so I do not have to run a power cord back to them. Nice because I never have to lug them around.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoElkhounds View Post
    The ones on the back are the exhaust holes for my dual Honda EU2100's. The one on the side is to access the generator pull start and provide ventilation. There is also one on the front of the box that you can't see for ventilation. The holes are finished with deck lids so I can seal them up when not in use. I just leave the generators in the box. They are wired through a transfer switch so I do not have to run a power cord back to them. Nice because I never have to lug them around.

DAN
    I would like to thank all of you for your help. I think I'll do it and HOPE nothing drastic happens. Thanks again

ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12