User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So resurrecting this thread (about something nobody likes to deal with) here's the conversion I did based on Jim Kerr's video.
    I decided to do this before anything other than anti-freeze from the factory had gone through the pipes. Otherwise I think I would have had a hard time with it - I'm kind of squeamish I guess.

First is the back bathroom, which was pretty simple. Basically I just cut the existing bayonet fitting off and added the Valterra valve, clear PVC section, and Lippert cam lock end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210201_131626.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	31866

I angled the blade valve slide direction slightly downward so rather than the valve packing debris into the valve seat, it will push stuff slightly up and out of the seat. That was my thinking - but I'm not a plumber for sure.

Anyway, here's the main tanks' dump system. Jim goes over the advantages of having the arguably duplicate blade valves in his video. Given my experiences and some mishaps (ugh), I resonated with his reasons for them.

Name:	20210201_131308.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	31867

Tomorrow I'm working on the storage locker for the waste master tube. I'll post a photo of it when I'm done.
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 02-01-2021 at 07:47 PM.
    signature

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you still reading, I finished installing the waste master nozzle locker.

The basics are that 4" Schedule 40 PVC fits over the fitting on the locker, the waste master hose fits inside of the PVC, then the whole thing fits nicely inside the existing Grand Design supplied sewer tube storage.

This shows a piece of the PVC fitting over the nozzle locker. (Aside, I wish they would have told me to use 4" Sch 40 PVC - I had to figure it out on my own). I put on some duct tape (yellow) to get a nice, snug fit.

Name:	20210202_114905.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	31880

Then I put a 68" length of PVC inside of the existing storage tube. This runs almost the entire width of the trailer and fits up nicely to where I mounted the locker.

Name:	20210202_114815.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	31881

I sawed off the stock storage tube to make room for the locker, then used the existing frame holes to mount the locker with some rubber washer spacers to give the LED strip a little clearance.

Name:	20210202_191713.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	31882

All in all, I'm pleased with how it came out. I'd say I'm looking forward to using it, but I'm really not.
    signature

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, one more update on this modification.

I finally de winterized my unit and used it camping creating waste water in both the front holding tanks (gray and black) and the rear tank (combo gray/black).

The Waste Master fittings, extra Valterra valve and clear PVC section worked wonderfully! When I take the plug cap off, nothing comes out! In fact, the coupling area is dry. Then I hooked up the hose with ZERO concern about the gasket integrity since it's a very positive clamp. Draining is as usual but it's really nice to be able to see the clear flow in both sight tubes before closing all of the valves.

Then when I disconnect the stinky slinky, there is maybe 1 drop of clear water. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jiggy.gif 
Views:	141 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	33381 No drips on the ground and, because of the second Valterra valve, I have a lot of confidence that I won't have a "surprise" the next time I pull off the cap.

Sorry to go on and on about this, but I'm the type that REALLY hates dealing with this part of RVing. In my opinion, the huge improvement in handling of this crap was well worth the time and effort to do it.
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 04-13-2021 at 05:31 AM.
    signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jjbbrewer,

I like what you did. I'm picking up the items now to do the same with my 5er. Wastermaster, 20' extension, etc.

nice job.

Jim
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW Air-ride
    B&W 25k Companion puck system
    2012 Forest River Cardinal 3550RL
    39 months to retirement, WE WILL GET THERE!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Band1t View Post
    I like what you did. I'm picking up the items now to do the same with my 5er. Wastermaster, 20' extension, etc.
    All credit goes to Jim Kerr who did that video! He nailed it.
    Please post how it goes for you and what you think about it. I'll be very interested in your feedback.
    signature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12