User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few of my broken galley grey sewer outlet. Again, this should be an easy fix... Emphasis on SHOULD!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210115_174818.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	31597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210115_174825.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	31598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210115_174832.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	31599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210115_174852.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	31600

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to note, as for tires, we have 4 Goodyear Endurance tires on the coach, and a Westlake tire for the spare. For me, personally, the Westlake as a spare is fine, since I don't plan on running it for an extended period of time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210115_174734.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	31618

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another item we missed in the PDI, but probably wouldn't have caught, was a leak in the shower. The track at the bottom had silicone sealant on part of it. Where the track meets the wall, there was nothing but a 3mm gap. All that water ran out of the track and under the wall, to soak the bedroom carpet. The carpet is now dry, and the leak has been siliconed. Now to find and fix more little things!

Honestly, it's not bad. Everything that we have found are little things.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark - thanks, for sharing all the pictures and updates. Great to see wet bolts at all points and of course, the MorRyde components which GDRV has been using for sometime.

Curious - does your 320 have metal plates above the tires fastened (how ?) to the bottom of the RV floor to protect that area in the event of tire failure ? If so, please post some pictures if it works to do so......when not so sore !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Well, it's been an interesting ride. We picked up our 2021 320MKS, that we ordered back in August, from Northgate RV Center in Ringgold, GA yesterday. What a story it has been so far.

History: back in August, we reached out to 3 different dealers that the good people on this forum recommended. I received 2 responses back. One from a Wyoming dealer and one from Northgate RV Center in Ringgold, GA. From both dealers, we asked several questions about ordering the 320MKS, Northgate was the only dealer that was patient enough with us to continue to answer questions. I requested a quote from both dealers, and Northgate was the only one to respond with one. It was approximately $50k, with everything we asked for. Dual pane windows, MorRyde pin box, GlowStep Revolution Steps, and the B&W hitch (we have a F350 crew cab with a 8' box, so no sliding hitch for us).

I asked if they were open to negotiation, and Mike, our sales guy said no, because they try to offer the lowest price possible. (I wasn't going to argue with more than 20% of of MSRP with the add ons included!).

On September 21, 2020, we started the financing through Good Sam RV Club. (Honestly, I'm going to recommend against doing financing that way, unless you are really familiar with the process.) With all the questions Essex Credit, a division of Bank of the West was asking, we eventually got Northgate and Essex to talk directly to each other (we got out of being the middle man, which was frustrating). Finally! We were approved and off we go!

Towards the end of November, I called Grand Design to get the VIN and have a couple of questions answered. I then contacted Essex and gave them the VIN. More back and forth with them. Around December 19, Mike at Northgate contacts me with the rest of the paperwork that Essex needs. I email the loan officer and he finalizes the paperwork for then to send to us for signatures. Essex OVERNIGHTS the package on December 22. We don't get the package until 4:00 PM on December 23. We go to our credit union to get everything notorized on December 24. Keep in mind the loan paperwork says everything needs to be signed writing 3 days of the date on it, which is December 23. I thought it said it had to be back to them within 3 days! There was no way we were going to get it to UPS on time to get the paperwork back to Essex on the 26th. PANIC TIME! The wife reread the documents and said, "it says signed within 3 days, not returned to them in 3 days!". (I've been fired from dealing with the finance guy now. - Okay, that's just wishful thinking!)

On Monday, we finally get the paperwork off. Essex doesn't get the check sent until January 4th! Thank goodness it's overnight because we leave to pickup the 320MKS on January 9!

The drive out was uneventful, except that we did over 1300 miles in two days.

On Monday morning, we performed our PDI, had 3 minor things, got hooked up and drug it out, around 13:30. On the way to the campground, about 10 minutes away, I managed to drop the rear left tires of the coach of the road, and broke the galley drain pipe and bayonet stop for it. Ugh. Northgate doesn't stock those parts and it would be Monday by the time they could get them in. I'll be dropping the Coroplast in the back when we get home and fixing it myself.

Spent the first night in it last night. We love everything about this coach, except the mattress! I think it would have been better to sleep on the plywood under it instead! (Or so my back says.)

I will included pictures as replies to this post.

All in all, we really like this coach. It will become our permanent home in about 2 years, once my daughter goes off to college.

We purchase out Reflection from Ringgold Ga also! We lived over 200 miles from there, but I was fed up with trying to deal with our local dealer! Grand Design found us the model we wanted at Ringgold but by the time I got a call from Ringgold, (which was about 30 min) they had already sold it and another one they had coming in in a couple of days! He told me they had another one coming in about a month if I wanted to put down some money to hold it. So, I did and they priced it to me for the same price as the 2020, this one was a 2021 with more options on it. They gave me a price 28% off right out of the gate so I did not even try and negotiate with them being sold as soon as they came in! We were very pleased dealing with Ringgold! Grand Design told me they were one of their best dealers!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    We purchase out Reflection from Ringgold Ga also! We lived over 200 miles from there, but I was fed up with trying to deal with our local dealer! Grand Design found us the model we wanted at Ringgold but by the time I got a call from Ringgold, (which was about 30 min) they had already sold it and another one they had coming in in a couple of days! He told me they had another one coming in about a month if I wanted to put down some money to hold it. So, I did and they priced it to me for the same price as the 2020, this one was a 2021 with more options on it. They gave me a price 28% off right out of the gate so I did not even try and negotiate with them being sold as soon as they came in! We were very pleased dealing with Ringgold! Grand Design told me they were one of their best dealers!
    Yup! I'm a fan! As stated above, I broke the galley sewer drain pipe, called up Grand Design, got the part numbers, called Northgate and they had the parts in stock and sent them out to me that same day. Now, just waiting for UPS to deliver them so I can fix my boo-boo.

Setting Up Camp
    Currently near the Columbia River in Oregon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Matteress

We purchased a nice queen sized mattress for our travel trailer from Costco.
    Traveling along the Columbia River, I'm kayaking all 1200ish miles...
    approx 575 miles done
    **Wilderness Systems Kayaks** Mine-Tsunami 175 Hers-Zephyr 165
    2018 -2670MK behind a 2000 F250 (for now)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Mark and Mary! Great story.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Currently near the Columbia River in Oregon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water damage

Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Another item we missed in the PDI, but probably wouldn't have caught, was a leak in the shower. The track at the bottom had silicone sealant on part of it. Where the track meets the wall, there was nothing but a 3mm gap. All that water ran out of the track and under the wall, to soak the bedroom carpet. The carpet is now dry, and the leak has been siliconed. Now to find and fix more little things!

Honestly, it's not bad. Everything that we have found are little things.

I hope you don't have Progressive insurance, especially if you've had a water leak that possibly has gotten up under somewhere you may not be able to dry it completely.
    Traveling along the Columbia River, I'm kayaking all 1200ish miles...
    approx 575 miles done
    **Wilderness Systems Kayaks** Mine-Tsunami 175 Hers-Zephyr 165
    2018 -2670MK behind a 2000 F250 (for now)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmjohnsnx2 View Post
    I hope you don't have Progressive insurance, especially if you've had a water leak that possibly has gotten up under somewhere you may not be able to dry it completely.
    Well, is there another insurance company, that insures in Texas, for full-timers? Progressive was the only one I found, unfortunately. I have State Farm in New Mexico now, but they don't insure full-timers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast