User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Currently near the Columbia River in Oregon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We left a vent open in our trailer overnight, it rained, when we realized it had rained we immediately cleaned up the water. We thought we had dodged a bullet cuz there was very little water in the trailer, as the summer progressed the floor started to ripple so we eventually took it into the shop and filed an insurance claim.
    The shop agreed with us that it was a single event, the insurance adjuster claims we left the vent open over the winter and the damage was caused by multiple events of wet then dry, wet then dry, etc...

Less than $1000 for material to repair the floor, $14,000 for labor cost...
    Both slides, the island, and the rear cabinets need to be removed, then the linoleum cut out along with the floor deck, then all replaced.

Progressive refuses to pay. They are accusing me of lying to them of how the damage occurred because their claims adjuster can find NO SIGNS OF LEAKAGE anywhere. So instead of this proving my point that it was a single event, even though the adjuster in Post Falls , Idaho, Todd, could find no other signs of leakage, or any other way for water to get inside my trailer, they are claiming they don't know how it got in.
    Even though I've told them how it happened, they refuse to believe it. But yet they can't figure out any other way it might have happened.

So, bottom line, if you need to file a claim with Progressive insurance for your trailer, don't do it in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho because you will get stuck with Todd, the adjuster from Progressive.
    Blue Dog RV has been Awesome to work with during this ordeal, Shirley and the others in the shop and maintenance have been great and are helping in every way they can.

So for me, Progressive sucks, as does their managers I've been dealing with, 2 levels above the adjusters. Now I'm stuck with a $15,000. To fight it I still have to pay for the repair, hire my own independent adjuster, and possibly a lawyer to fight my own insurance company.
    Traveling along the Columbia River, I'm kayaking all 1200ish miles...
    approx 575 miles done
    **Wilderness Systems Kayaks** Mine-Tsunami 175 Hers-Zephyr 165
    2018 -2670MK behind a 2000 F250 (for now)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant to update this on Saturday, but better late than never...

I hauled the 320MKS down to McBride Spring and Suspension in Albuquerque on Saturday for then to do the conversion from drum to hydrolic-over-electric disc brakes. This was a big upgrade the dealer said they couldn't do. Warren, the owner, quoted me "around $3k". I couldn't even get the kits for both axles for that price! E-Trailer has the kits for around $2k an axle, then I would have had to spend a weekend (or two) installing them. I figure paying McBride around $3k to do it is worth it. I'll update this thread again with the total price.

On a separate note, I repair the galley gray sewer dump line that I broke, less than 20 minutes after we left the dealer lot.

Next job is to reinforce the position wall next to the nautilus panel so I can mount the two stage water filter I've designed for the coach. Pictures will be included when I do it (if I remember!).

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Well, it's been an interesting ride. We picked up our 2021 320MKS, that we ordered back in August, from Northgate RV Center in Ringgold, GA yesterday. What a story it has been so far.

History: back in August, we reached out to 3 different dealers that the good people on this forum recommended. I received 2 responses back. One from a Wyoming dealer and one from Northgate RV Center in Ringgold, GA. From both dealers, we asked several questions about ordering the 320MKS, Northgate was the only dealer that was patient enough with us to continue to answer questions. I requested a quote from both dealers, and Northgate was the only one to respond with one. It was approximately $50k, with everything we asked for. Dual pane windows, MorRyde pin box, GlowStep Revolution Steps, and the B&W hitch (we have a F350 crew cab with a 8' box, so no sliding hitch for us).

I asked if they were open to negotiation, and Mike, our sales guy said no, because they try to offer the lowest price possible. (I wasn't going to argue with more than 20% of of MSRP with the add ons included!).

On September 21, 2020, we started the financing through Good Sam RV Club. (Honestly, I'm going to recommend against doing financing that way, unless you are really familiar with the process.) With all the questions Essex Credit, a division of Bank of the West was asking, we eventually got Northgate and Essex to talk directly to each other (we got out of being the middle man, which was frustrating). Finally! We were approved and off we go!

Towards the end of November, I called Grand Design to get the VIN and have a couple of questions answered. I then contacted Essex and gave them the VIN. More back and forth with them. Around December 19, Mike at Northgate contacts me with the rest of the paperwork that Essex needs. I email the loan officer and he finalizes the paperwork for then to send to us for signatures. Essex OVERNIGHTS the package on December 22. We don't get the package until 4:00 PM on December 23. We go to our credit union to get everything notorized on December 24. Keep in mind the loan paperwork says everything needs to be signed writing 3 days of the date on it, which is December 23. I thought it said it had to be back to them within 3 days! There was no way we were going to get it to UPS on time to get the paperwork back to Essex on the 26th. PANIC TIME! The wife reread the documents and said, "it says signed within 3 days, not returned to them in 3 days!". (I've been fired from dealing with the finance guy now. - Okay, that's just wishful thinking!)

On Monday, we finally get the paperwork off. Essex doesn't get the check sent until January 4th! Thank goodness it's overnight because we leave to pickup the 320MKS on January 9!

The drive out was uneventful, except that we did over 1300 miles in two days.

On Monday morning, we performed our PDI, had 3 minor things, got hooked up and drug it out, around 13:30. On the way to the campground, about 10 minutes away, I managed to drop the rear left tires of the coach of the road, and broke the galley drain pipe and bayonet stop for it. Ugh. Northgate doesn't stock those parts and it would be Monday by the time they could get them in. I'll be dropping the Coroplast in the back when we get home and fixing it myself.

Spent the first night in it last night. We love everything about this coach, except the mattress! I think it would have been better to sleep on the plywood under it instead! (Or so my back says.)

I will included pictures as replies to this post.

All in all, we really like this coach. It will become our permanent home in about 2 years, once my daughter goes off to college.

We bought ours in October and promptly bought a residential queen mattress to replace the original. It is taller so you need to be aware when getting in and out of bed but the sleep is so much better. Installed 3 BB lithium and Victron Multiplus 3000. Ready for solar before we head out in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevin & Deb. 2021 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW Platinum
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway The Campoholics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Now, on to the things the PDI didn't catch. The track for the shower glass wasn't calked at the bottom, so, water ran onto the floor, under the wall, and got the carpet wet on the wife side of the bed. - We fixed

The heat register in the bedroom wasn't putting out any heat. I pulled the vent cover off, snaked my bore scope down the vent, and it ended at... Nothing... Huh? I put my flashlight in the duct and tried using my phone camera. I expected to see a bright reflection... Nothing. Hrm... I keep the flashlight there, and went to look at the bathroom vent, behind the toilet expecting to see bright light. Just dim light... And some water pipes.. WTH? Grabbed the flashlight and looked down the bathroom vent, and it go directly into the basement! Well, gotta fix this while thing when I'm in there doing the Power Watchdog. - Fix in progress.

More to come! (Hopefully not, but it's a new coach!)

We had the same issue with our Momentum 395M, the shower wasn't caulked and one of our heat vents was not hooked up to to the register! Just like the got in there and forgot!! We love being a part of the GD family! Congrats on the rig!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up the coach from McBride Spring and Suspension here in Albuquerque this last Saturday. They did an awesome job on converting from drum to hydraulic-over-electric disc brakes. On the 320MKS, they mounted the hydraulic reservoir on the left side of the generator bay and ran the main hose down the left outside underbelly, then mounted everything else. It crosses over to the right side along the front axle.

The kits I was looking at to do it myself were approximately $2k per axle, plus my time (having never done it before). I figured $6k-$7k... McBride's quoted me a ballpark of $3k! Heck yes! Let them so it! At the total cost of $3,300 cash, I have my disc brakes.

Now, the coach actually stops my truck, instead of the other way around! I knew it was one of the best investments we could make on this coach, and I'm glad I did it.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was supposed to take pictures of my installation process for the 2 stage water filters. I did that yesterday, and completely forgot to take pictures. Next time I make it out to the storage lot, I'll take pictures of the finished product.

Essentially, I framed in the wall next to the Nautilus panel and put a 1/2" plywood backer on it to mount the filters. The carpeted section of the flimsy wall board (whatever its called) is tacked onto the face of the plywood. When changing the filters, I'll have a bucket under them to catch the water.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123