User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMancha View Post
    And just for info, your panels don't need to be the same brand and wattage as long as their loaded voltage is the same.

If I were mixing brands of Solar Panels, I would have a separate Solar Charge Controller for each brand of panels and only combine the power on a bus bar feeding directly into the batteries.

A separate Charge Controller for each brand really simplifies the installation when combining disparate components.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes fully agree and I forgot to mention, if you do get into the Victron Family stay away from the blue solar MPPT charge controller’s. They do not include Bluetooth which the controllers use to synchronize with each other (another cool feature they provide). Make sure you get the smart solar MPPT’s.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Yes fully agree and I forgot to mention, if you do get into the Victron Family stay away from the blue solar MPPT charge controller’s. They do not include Bluetooth which the controllers use to synchronize with each other (another cool feature they provide). Make sure you get the smart solar MPPT’s.

Cheers
    Tim
    10-4. The multiplex I got , I got the dongle which bluetooths the inverter / Charger . I did get the solar controller with Bluetooth also.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, if I get an inverter/charger like the multiplus, then I rip out the converter altogether, right? The inverter/charger can do it all.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    So, if I get an inverter/charger like the multiplus, then I rip out the converter altogether, right? The inverter/charger can do it all.
    Yes, the Multiplus replaces your Converter and charge your battery bank. It also allows you to set many of the charging parameters (Voltage, Float Voltage, Amps to charge at, etc.).
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really doesn't matter a whole lot since the panels have blocking diodes to prevent reverse currents. When you use them in parallel, the current is additive. Using in series, the voltage is additive. There is a problem using them in series as when a panel is blocked by trees or goes bad, etc, the entire string can go to zero.
    Ayran and Paul McIntosh
    Box Elder, SD
    2020 Solitude 310GK "LaMancha"
    2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I am late to your thread. I got a Imagine XLS 22MLE. I put the Solitude Solar package on it with a 2000 W Power inverter. I can run everything except the Microwave and A/C and Refrige (it is on Propane) when I boondock. I have 3 group 31 AGM batteries. I can boondock without sun or generator for 6 days. With sun, I can do it indefinitely. Again, No A/C and no Micro. You will need propane and need be careful with heater blower. They really can suck power if you have no sun. I LOVE my setup!

Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You’re better off leaving the old factory converter in place for the next owner or as a back up. It won’t be connected to any thing so it won’t hurt anything leaving it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. The Victron charger is a very good 4 step charger
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Yes. The Victron charger is a very good 4 step charger
    I second this sentiment !!!!
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast