User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate all the tips on batteries, solar, and power. We recently bought the 261BH. I noticed the 12V fridge makes a lot of noise when running. Is this common with a 12V fridge? It’s a furrion brand which I’ve heard isn’t very high end. Love the extra fridge space compared to my older trailer which had propane fridge. I haven’t been off grid yet but imagine it will be a battery suck. There is a setting for the fridge for boondocking to save power FYI.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kljones77 View Post
    It’s a furrion brand which I’ve heard isn’t very high end.
    I wonder who actually makes it, though. Furrion has their brand name on practically every appliance, as well as the solar charge controller, solar panel, etc. You find their stuff in almost every RV at any regular price point, until you get to the truly expensive rigs. For whatever reason they seem like they have a lock on the RV market.

How's your 261BH treating you? Is it one of the newest ones with the darker graphics? I've got one ordered, not sure when it will arrive.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it so far. The floor plan is great. Upgraded from a 15 year old 23 foot keystone with no slide so it’s super spacious. It does have some serious heating issues. The furnace is in the back and doesn’t heat the unit well (or at all really). There’s an authorized repair to the ducts that I suggest you make if you plan to camp in cold weather.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it so far. The floor plan is great. Upgraded from a 15 year old 23 foot keystone with no slide so it’s super spacious. It does have some serious heating issues. The furnace is in the back and doesn’t heat the unit well (or at all really). There’s an authorized repair to the ducts that I suggest you make if you plan to camp in cold weather.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it. We've only had one trailer before, a Jayco X213. Great little trailer, but with the kids growing, we wanted something slightly larger (but not so big we can't fit in our favorite campground; their limit is technically 26 feet, but we'll just plead ignorance if anyone complains). We almost bought a 247BH instead, basically the same layout but no slide. But at the last minute decided we wanted the extra space and better seating, even though the slide is just one more thing to break.

I've heard lots of complaints about heating on the transcend trailers. Supposed to have that magical no duct 'even flow' heat distribution, right? LOL. Sounds like only the 'no duct' part is right. We don't do a lot of camping when it's frigid (and with four bodies in the trailer, it has to get pretty cold before we get really uncomfortable), but I'm going to see what I can do to make it work a little better. Thanks for the heads up.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's ducts. There's just hardly any flow. Make sure to have the dealer show you before you formally purchase. It's been a huge issue for us. I bought the trailer for winter camping and I need a space heater to make it livable. The slide really opens up the trailer. It's amazing actually.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just ordered a 261BH. I'm hoping they've adjusted how they build them so this authorized repair isn't needed anymore, does anyone know if that's true?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "It has 3 settings, AGM, Sealed lead acid, and Lithium." If these are the three settings what are your dealers putting in battery wise when you get your trailer? We are scheduled to pick ours up in a couple of weeks. According to the three settings available on the controller we shouldn't get a regular rv deep cycle battery. Does that sound correct?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the charging profile for FLA and SLA (liquid, not gel) are identical. So the basic FLA batteries the dealer likes to use are probably fine on the SLA setting. I looked but cannot confirm that SLA is the default setting for the controller.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by supaphly42 View Post
    We just ordered a 261BH. I'm hoping they've adjusted how they build them so this authorized repair isn't needed anymore, does anyone know if that's true?
    Not sure. Turn on the furnace. We only got air out of the bathroom vent. It’s marginally better with the ducting fix but I’m taking it back for a third time this week to see if they can get more air flow. I can’t get the trailer above 55 degrees when it’s in the 30s or below. I’m having to run a space heater continuously. It’s been very frustrating - simple and obvious design flaw.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    simple and obvious design flaw.
    What's the problem with the design? I'd have guessed ducting wasn't terribly hard to get right, but I must be wrong.

I'll ask the dealer about it when we go pick it up, but depending on what needs to be done, I may do it myself. I have an aversion to dealer repairs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast