User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its the kitchen grey tank 1 1/2" going into the valve looking at it from the curb side. Today I have to get new Insulation.
    Last edited by Scocciante; 01-18-2021 at 05:48 AM.
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scocciante View Post
    In Some non plumbers infinite wisdom everything is pitched backwards about an inch. That coupled with Residual water from all tanks = Leak at lowest point bad fitting. The Hose connection seems to be pulled up to tight causing the problem. I Will fix
    Our 2020 front living solitude has the same problem our black tanks are about an 2" higher then the two grey and the main black tank valve leaks really bad. It fills up all the lines to all the other tanks, including the kitchen grey tank. And that valve leaks too. We get a rather bad smell when the kitchen sink trap goes dry. We're working with grand design about fixing it. But as of yet there is nothing to do, to fix the level of the tanks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reinforces my plan of dropping the hard belly and adding a toronado/whirlygig to both gray tanks. Good time to check the connections and the OEM black tank jet. My gut says I'll need to replace that, since many GD problems I read about are with items behind cabinets etc, not visible without taking something apart. I redesigned and rebuilt the holding system on our 2006 Weekend Warrior 40' 5th, so I may end up doing that here, since I already don't like the idea of a hidden cable-operated dump valve. Worse case I yank all 3 tanks and start over. I learned long ago that no RV has everything you want, but up until now I thought the higher quality builders were considered that for good reason. At this point I've modified my thoughts to "Grand Design does indeed have grand designs", so things at least look good - back to trust but verify. So for our 2021 2500RL I've already purchased 3 Fantastik fans with covers, a solar controller to handle the 2-100w panels w/cables I already had, water filter, and a 30 amp Hughes Autoformer. The "before spring 2022" list includes some sort of axle & suspension upgrade, disc brakes, and Goodyear Endurance tires. We've also ordered a 2021 F350 to replace the 2020 F150. That's a big enough budget hit for now.
    Last edited by mbergthold; 01-27-2021 at 04:52 PM.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few months back, I have the kitchen gray water tank separate from plumbing. The tank, which rest between two cross members, moved causing an adapter that fits into the tank drain to come loose spilling about 10-15 gallons of water into the belly. It was a bear to fix. If yours is leaking around the ABS pipe fittings, it could be that they failed to use cement formulated for ABS pipe and used PVC cement instead. Some PVC pipe cement is labeled for ABS pipe. I tried it and don't recommend using it. Go with cement specific for ABS pipe.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are all Grand Designs use ABS?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Solitude line does. Must assume everything else does too.
    Last edited by Scocciante; 01-30-2021 at 07:11 PM.
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen and Jerry View Post
    Are all Grand Designs use ABS?
    More than likely. ABS pipe is black in color. ( We are talking drain pipe only. )

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scocciante View Post
    Now my Question is how are the plastic pipes connected
    to the tank because the cold is affecting something causing it to leak . ??? Your input would greatly be Appreciated.
    Missed this in my first response. The connection is done via a transition "male" adapter that slides inside the tanks drain fitting. It has an "O" ring but requires butyl rubber or some similar substance as pipe dope as a sealant and a hose clamp. For your standard worm gear clamp of 3 inches, I recommend no more than 45 in/lbs of torque. Looking at your picture, the leak could have been cause by the tank moving back a forth on the cross members. If its like mine, the tank not anchored and floats on cross members. I shimmed between the tanks and the frame on both sides--roughly 1.5 inches on both sides--to prevent this movement.

See 3 inch holding tank hub fitting--first picture
    https://www.icondirect.com/waste-hol...&sort=featured
    Last edited by grassmaster; 01-31-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed that underbelly on my 2021 310GK is sagging. What is an acceptable amount of sag? I’ve checked throughout utility bay and can’t see any evidence of a leak or water intrusion.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    punch a small hole in the lowest point of the sag. Can be done with a hypodermic needle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast