User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Momentum 25G Where is the inverter?

My 25G came with the solar panel and inverter. These are items that I don't really care about, but I needed a new travel trailer now and this was the only 25G that was on the lot.

Anyway, my question is that I don't see how I can access the inverter. The controls and display for the solar and inverter on on a well in the left front storage area, but I haven't been able to find the inverter. I've had the trailer for a week, so I've been spending a lot of my free time just trying to figure out where everything is and making sure everything works.

Last night I finally put the batteries in the TV remote and I couldn't get the TV to turn on. I eventually figured out that none of the electrical plugs in the kitchen area are working. I swapped out the GFCI outlet that the TV plugs into with the one from the bathroom and that didn't change anything. It seems like I'm just not getting electricity to the string of outlets in the kitchen. I have an appointment to take it back to the dealer next week.

I guess I need to read all the manuals that came with the trailer. It's just not easy for a guy to do that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN1 View Post
    My 25G came with the solar panel and inverter. These are items that I don't really care about, but I needed a new travel trailer now and this was the only 25G that was on the lot.

Anyway, my question is that I don't see how I can access the inverter. The controls and display for the solar and inverter on on a well in the left front storage area, but I haven't been able to find the inverter. I've had the trailer for a week, so I've been spending a lot of my free time just trying to figure out where everything is and making sure everything works.

Last night I finally put the batteries in the TV remote and I couldn't get the TV to turn on. I eventually figured out that none of the electrical plugs in the kitchen area are working. I swapped out the GFCI outlet that the TV plugs into with the one from the bathroom and that didn't change anything. It seems like I'm just not getting electricity to the string of outlets in the kitchen. I have an appointment to take it back to the dealer next week.

I guess I need to read all the manuals that came with the trailer. It's just not easy for a guy to do that.
    The inverter is behind the wall in the outside storage bay. There is a panel you can remove to access it.

‘21 Momentum 31G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCamper View Post
    The inverter is behind the wall in the outside storage bay. There is a panel you can remove to access it.

‘21 Momentum 31G
    You are correct. I guess I didn't notice the panel and two screws the other times I looked in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your TV works for a while and then stops, especially if you have been switching between the genset and solar/inverter, don't forget to check the GFCI on the inverter. This has caught me more than once.
    2016 Ram 3500 6.7L CC SRW 4x4
    2019 Momentum 25G
    https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/I...96409115sm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmcdonn View Post
    If your TV works for a while and then stops, especially if you have been switching between the genset and solar/inverter, don't forget to check the GFCI on the inverter. This has caught me more than once.
    We have been having issues with GFCI tripping all the time either on shore/generator/inverter. Seems to trip even with just a tv and Xbox running. We are not switching from power source when it happens. Not sure if something is up or if it’s a common issue. Happens from garage outlet or kitchen outlet mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @GRIFFIN1 - there should be a second C/B panel next to the power distribution center with 2 breakers. 1- Main and 2- kit/gfi/TV. Are they on?
    My 25G doesn't have an inverter, but it's wired for one.
    I found the panel like you did... Snooping around. It's behind a small vertical cabinet door.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole three breakers for one circuit has me baffled, and I spent many years as an electrician.
    So took delivery of my 21g today, during the pdi the TV was not working...check the gfi behind the TV, it would not reset. The dealer "takes care of it" another long story.
    Unsatisfied with the repair I dig into it. What I discovered is the outlet in the bedroom on the left of the mirror, the outlet behind the t.v in living area, and the outlet above the kitchen sink and to the left of the sink on side of cabinet are all on the same circuit.
    They are all controlled by in the black panel by the breaker labeled "inverter" and in the small gray panel by breaker labeled "main" and "bed, tv, gfi"
    Puzzled I take both panels out of the walls, one black romex, one blue romex from the gray panel, and one white romex from the black panel all disappearing under the closet. So three different romexs for the same circuit, but not homeruns.
    Anyway frustrated for the day I put it back together, still need to undo what the dealer did, and the gfi really needs to go behind the TV because it will not fit in the space above the sink.
    And I don't have an access panel with 2 screws in my outside storage cabinet so I don't think there is a hidden inverter
    Also FYI there is a $hit ton of splices, terminal bars, relays, wirenuts, wagos and who knows what else behind that black panel.

Lee
    Last edited by No-ladder; 04-22-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer was able to correct my electrical problems. They said a GFCI outlet wasn't wired correctly.

Here is a photo of my storage compartment with the opening for the inverter. The switch to turn the inverter on and off is in the upper right corner. The panel to the left of the switch is part of the solar charger. The cover for the inverter access has been removed in this photo. The "build sheet" that was in my 25G listed a 2000 watt inverter. A 1000 watt was installed because that was the only option from Grand Design. The dealer gave me the 2000 watt after I complained.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0087.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	33601

This is a photo of my breaker boxes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0088.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	33602

I disconnected the shore power and turned on the inverter. All the outlets No-ladder described are powered by the inverter. Thanks for listing those outlets because I probably never would have figured out that the bedroom outlet left of the TV could be powered by the inverter.
    Last edited by GRIFFIN1; 04-22-2021 at 10:20 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Griffin
    Interesting, you have a cooling or heating vent? some type of display panel inverter info? And battery shutoff in that outside storage?
    By the way, going by memory that is now 3 or 4 hours old....the breaker marked Gfi/Gen was the right of mirror, bedroom TV, bath gfi, outside, and I think the one behind the recliners.
    Lee

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From reading on the other site, with an inverter might be:

WFCO 15A CB -> Inverter -> Transfer switch -> Sub Panel Main 15A CB -> Sub Panel Inverter 15A CB -> Outlets.

Drawings would be nice, even simple block.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast