User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    Only thing about the Gen Y is it still is not approved by Lippert/GD and voids warranty. If that changes I'll be in the Gen Y category really quickly. I just switched over to a MorRyde rubber pin box and it's now chewing up my plastic guards on my F-450 and I have clearance issues between truck bed and underside of the front cap I didn't have before. Can't adjust pinbox and B&W is as high as it goes...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I don't subscribe to the generic "voids warranty" claims. Lippert has to prove that the pinbox caused the specific failure. Might be a nightmare if it happens, but I am probably willing to take that risk personally based on the other advantages, and frankly the low liklihood that it will cause any frame issues.
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak 26BH - Getting ready to sell!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
    I don't subscribe to the generic "voids warranty" claims. Lippert has to prove that the pinbox caused the specific failure. Might be a nightmare if it happens, but I am probably willing to take that risk personally based on the other advantages, and frankly the low liklihood that it will cause any frame issues.
    Shoot, considering how hard it is to get Lippert to fix problems that they don't have completely visible reason to deny, the last thing I'd want to do is give them a blanket option. You might win, if/when it went to court, but how long do you think that would take, and do you have deeper pockets than Lippert to pay legal fees?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Shoot, considering how hard it is to get Lippert to fix problems that they don't have completely visible reason to deny, the last thing I'd want to do is give them a blanket option. You might win, if/when it went to court, but how long do you think that would take, and do you have deeper pockets than Lippert to pay legal fees?
    No I do not, but the reality is, that if I have a failure like this, and there is any balking on their part, I will just go ahead and fix it myself, and track costs, and then see if I can get it back later. If it fails it will not be due to the Gen Y though.

So it is all a matter of everyone's acceptance and perception of "risk". Mine in this case will not stop me from putting on a Gen Y if I decide to do so.
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak 26BH - Getting ready to sell!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
    No I do not, but the reality is, that if I have a failure like this, and there is any balking on their part, I will just go ahead and fix it myself, and track costs, and then see if I can get it back later. If it fails it will not be due to the Gen Y though.

So it is all a matter of everyone's acceptance and perception of "risk". Mine in this case will not stop me from putting on a Gen Y if I decide to do so.
    Sounds like you're looking at it realistically anyway. Haven't heard much about the Gen Y hitches so can't comment on them.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123