User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Brand of Quick Connectors for Fresh Water Hose

After several trips in the new rig, I have decided that my old way of hooking up a pressure reducer, water filter, and 90 deg elbow each and every time I connect to the park water supply is a pain in the butt. My short WHITE hose is developing leaks around the fittings so I need to replace the ends anyway.
    I'm thinking about adding a couple of quick connect fittings onto the pressure reducer (with pressure gauge) and my hose to make things a bit easier when setting up.
    Anyone here using these fittings and do you have any comments to share about brands or configurations?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Chem
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use these, no leaks. They arent self sealing, so they wont hold pressure to an open end like an air hose will. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210115-134950_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	31582

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea about brands. We bought several sets from lowes and they look like the ones above. No issues. We also ditched the traditional non flexible fresh water hose and went with a Zero G flex hose for our fresh water. They are fresh water safe and much easier to maneuver.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had great success at home with the Gardena, I plan on making a setup on our tt next spring with these.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Gardena-36004-.../dp/B00004SDY5

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorilla brand brass disconnects. I bought a set of 4 from a seller on ebay, based on Chad and Tara's use from the "Changing Lanes" website. Been using them all summer long and absolutely perfect...no issues.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I've had great success at home with the Gardena, I plan on making a setup on our tt next spring with these.
    @Fivecodys the recommendation by @Ynot4me2 may frustrate you - he/she is in Canada and has provided a link to Amazon Canada but you may have trouble finding the Gardena products in the U.S.

We have a bunch of them at our house, used them for years, but whenever I've looked for them in U.S. hardware stores I couldn't find them. I've therefore stocked up with products I can easily find when we're traveling in the States, and they look exactly like the ones recommended by @FT4NOW in post #2 above.

You're definitely on the right track - hooking up is so much easier with a few extra parts added to the system. I have a couple of brass 90-degree elbows permanently screwed into the plastic Nautilus inputs, so they get minimum wear and tear. I have a couple of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

attached to the elbows, and the regulator and sometimes a water gauge are quick-connected to them. Quick-connect the water supply hose and done.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    @Fivecodys the recommendation by @Ynot4me2 may frustrate you - he/she is in Canada and has provided a link to Amazon Canada but you may have trouble finding the Gardena products in the U.S.

We have a bunch of them at our house, used them for years, but whenever I've looked for them in U.S. hardware stores I couldn't find them. I've therefore stocked up with products I can easily find when we're traveling in the States, and they look exactly like the ones recommended by @FT4NOW in post #2 above.

You're definitely on the right track - hooking up is so much easier with a few extra parts added to the system. I have a couple of brass 90-degree elbows permanently screwed into the plastic Nautilus inputs, so they get minimum wear and tear. I have a couple of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

attached to the elbows, and the regulator and sometimes a water gauge are quick-connected to them. Quick-connect the water supply hose and done.
    US links:https://www.amazon.com/Gardena-36004.../dp/B00004SDY5
    https://www.ebay.com/p/1395108834
    Something similar I have used in the past that are available at Home Depot and Lowes. They may even be interchangeable:https://www.homedepot.com/p/Melnor-2...-203136407-_-N
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 01-16-2021 at 07:10 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    After several trips in the new rig, I have decided that my old way of hooking up a pressure reducer, water filter, and 90 deg elbow each and every time I connect to the park water supply is a pain in the butt. My short WHITE hose is developing leaks around the fittings so I need to replace the ends anyway.
    I'm thinking about adding a couple of quick connect fittings onto the pressure reducer (with pressure gauge) and my hose to make things a bit easier when setting up.
    Anyone here using these fittings and do you have any comments to share about brands or configurations?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Chem
    I’m sold on the Gorilla brand quick connect combined w the Zero Gravity hoses. Got them both on Amazon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    john and betty
    2019 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axle ratio
    2020 GD Solitude 310GK
    "Wherever you go, there you are" -Buckaroo Banzai

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are any of these “Drinking water safe”? I’ve looked at them before, agreeing that they would be a time-saver when hooking up but, the only thing that I’ve found either say “Not drinking water safe” or they don’t say one way or the other. I’ve found the same with the collapsible hoses.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast