User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    Are any of these “Drinking water safe”? I’ve looked at them before, agreeing that they would be a time-saver when hooking up but, the only thing that I’ve found either say “Not drinking water safe” or they don’t say one way or the other. I’ve found the same with the collapsible hoses.
    The Gardena are plastic so I assume they are safe. Could also be wrong

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    After several trips in the new rig, I have decided that my old way of hooking up a pressure reducer, water filter, and 90 deg elbow each and every time I connect to the park water supply is a pain in the butt. My short WHITE hose is developing leaks around the fittings so I need to replace the ends anyway.
    I'm thinking about adding a couple of quick connect fittings onto the pressure reducer (with pressure gauge) and my hose to make things a bit easier when setting up.
    Anyone here using these fittings and do you have any comments to share about brands or configurations?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Chem
    Good suggestions from the others. I don't use the "quick connects" but I can comment on the Zero G hoses. LOVE them. Safe to drink, flex, flex, flex, low kink (not zero kink).One of the greatest features of the Zero G is the "high quality" well machined fittings on both ends. They seem to be high quality and so "universal" to water faucet threads on both RV park water hydrants and the tank connections on my RV. I've been FT one year and only had 2 leak problems and they were both the cause of the RV park faucet.
    needing repair.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for all the great comments. I have the 3' Flexzilla waiting in my amazon cart.
    I will let you know what I wind up using and after a couple of uses I will give a quick review.
    Thank you all again. You are a great resource.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I use these, no leaks. They arent self sealing, so they wont hold pressure to an open end like an air hose will. Attachment 31582

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Bought these last year they work great, buy the hose extensions also and quarter turn valve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blue colored Zero Gravity hoses are drinking water safe. Am trying out my first one at a campground late next week.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    US links:https://www.amazon.com/Gardena-36004.../dp/B00004SDY5
    https://www.ebay.com/p/1395108834
    Something similar I have used in the past that are available at Home Depot and Lowes. They may even be interchangeable:https://www.homedepot.com/p/Melnor-2...-203136407-_-N
    I second the Gardena quick connects. They can be found in either plastic or metal and have a rubber o-ring that does a great job keeping them easily connecting. I always had issues with the ones I got from the big box store being hard to connect and disconnect after a while.

I got a couple as part of the Gardena flow meter I ordered from https://monstergardens.com/gardena-s...ter-meter.html
    2021 Solitude 344GK
    2020 Ford F450 DRW
    B&W Companion 25K

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coastn View Post
    The blue colored Zero Gravity hoses are drinking water safe. Am trying out my first one at a campground late next week.
    I’ve been using a Zero G for a while but concerned it is not BPA free. No where in its description does it state it is.

I recently purchase an Aqua Joe hose from amazon that is BPA free and really happy with it. I’ll be picking up another.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084RJ8T2Y...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    2021 Solitude 344GK
    2020 Ford F450 DRW
    B&W Companion 25K

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After several trips in the new rig, I have decided that my old way of hooking up a pressure reducer, water filter, and 90 deg elbow each and every time I connect to the park water supply is a pain in the butt. My short WHITE hose is developing leaks around the fittings so I need to replace the ends anyway.
    I'm thinking about adding a couple of quick connect fittings onto the pressure reducer (with pressure gauge) and my hose to make things a bit easier when setting up.
    Anyone here using these fittings and do you have any comments to share about brands or configurations?

Chem
    Eley brand are the best quick connects I have ever used! They make the best hose reels in the business and their quick connects are the best! They are not cheap, but they are heavy made with high quality O-rings. I have had the quick connects and hose reel for about 6 years with NO LEAKS! They are drinking water safe!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been a fan of quick connects but I've also always been picky about them. Yes, I'm nostalgic about how they don't make things like they used to.

I like the Gilmour solid brass couplers that "my grandfather had." There are other brands that are compatible. The last time I got some, I think I ordered ten sets because that should last a lifetime.

Now the bad part... I also like the zero g hose that others here have mentioned. The problem is the aluminum ends on those hoses. Aluminum and brass DO NOT get along. Corrosion with will cause those two parts to never come apart again. I have been using something like Noalox before I put them together and so far, my favorite hose and my favorite coupler are playing nicely.

I won't make any claims about Noalox and drinking safety because we have a separate drinking water system in the RV.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chem
    I have brass quick connects on everything. Makes life a lot easier. The plastic ones I tried didn't last long. The o-ring inside the quick coupler must be lubricated with silicone plumbers grease once in a while.
    John & Nadine Bagby
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chevy 2500HD CCLB Diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast