User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2670MK Awning Adjustment

Hello,

We had our dealer adjust our awning so it wouldn't rest on the slide, but in doing so, they raised it entirely too high to the point it's almost even instead of slanting downward fully out. How can I go about adjusting the pitch of the awning so it's lower? When we roll the owning back near our first slide, it should be slightly tilted down so the rain goes off the front, instead they have it adjusted so the rain rolls back and into the drain of the TT.

If you were me, would you leave it like that, or would you adjust it. Not sure if I'm being too picky.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not crazy about the awning resting on the slide so i cut a piece of pipe insulation and placed it over the slide.
    Having rain water drain towards the camper doesn't sound like a good idea.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    I'm not crazy about the awning resting on the slide so i cut a piece of pipe insulation and placed it over the slide.
    Do you know where I can find directions on how to adjust the awning back?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    X two what zymurgist said. When we had our 2670, that is what we did, worked well. I am completely clueless about how to permanently adjust the pitch of the awning.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Do you know where I can find directions on how to adjust the awning back?
    Paperwork for our awnings was included in the packet from GD. Instructions for adjusting the awning were in the paperwork. If you can't find that, look up the make and model of your awning on the Serial Number Data Sheet (also came with your unit) and download the user paperwork from the manufacturer's web site. If you feel like figuring it out yourself, most of the new awnings adjust by pushing in spring-loaded pins on either side of the awning support arms and sliding them to the next set of holes. I would suggest the pool noodle or foam pipe insulation trick before lowering it again, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Paperwork for our awnings was included in the packet from GD. Instructions for adjusting the awning were in the paperwork. If you can't find that, look up the make and model of your awning on the Serial Number Data Sheet (also came with your unit) and download the user paperwork from the manufacturer's web site. If you feel like figuring it out yourself, most of the new awnings adjust by pushing in spring-loaded pins on either side of the awning support arms and sliding them to the next set of holes. I would suggest the pool noodle or foam pipe insulation trick before lowering it again, though.

Rob
    Thanks! I looked inside the paperwork and found the manufacturer and part number, looked over their website and found nothing about changing the pitch. I have rolled it out and will leave it alone for now. Just an unsettling feeling when I have it just about over the slide and the awning is almost pitched the opposite way it should be where water could come back toward the TT instead of off onto the ground. I'm going to go take a look at the pin holes and see if it's a simple move to lower it a notch or two.

While I have you, I made the rookie mistake of swapping out one of my brand new propane tanks for an old one at Wawa. I haven't had any issue with the one's I've been switching out (yet), but what kind of 20lb propane tank do you think I should get to replace the lost one? I am in central florida right now at the Orlando RV Resort, so there may be somewhere in this area I can pick it up.

Thanks!
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I looked inside the paperwork and found the manufacturer and part number, looked over their website and found nothing about changing the pitch. I have rolled it out and will leave it alone for now. Just an unsettling feeling when I have it just about over the slide and the awning is almost pitched the opposite way it should be where water could come back toward the TT instead of off onto the ground. I'm going to go take a look at the pin holes and see if it's a simple move to lower it a notch or two.

While I have you, I made the rookie mistake of swapping out one of my brand new propane tanks for an old one at Wawa. I haven't had any issue with the one's I've been switching out (yet), but what kind of 20lb propane tank do you think I should get to replace the lost one? I am in central florida right now at the Orlando RV Resort, so there may be somewhere in this area I can pick it up.

Thanks!
    Yeah - you don't want to swap tanks and loose the ones that came with your RV. Make sure the tanks you have are DOT (Department of Transportation) approved (will be stamped in the information in the top ring handle). If it's not stamped "DOT...," you don't want to use it mounted on the RV. I still have the tanks that came with our Solitude, but I picked up two extra 30 pounders (the size on the Solitudes) for this winter while we're stationary at Tractor Supply. They are DOT certified.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    As for the propane tank - Home Depot or Lowe's will have them in their BBQ section. Then take it to a place that fills tanks - they will need to do a prefill purge as it has never had gas in it. Be sure to tell them that.
    Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    What was your final conclusion. Recently purchased a 297RSTS and the awning rests on the slide when fully extended. Had perforations during PDI and dealer has new awning on order.
    2023 Reflection, 297RSTS
    2023 F250, CC, SWB, 7.3 Godzilla
    Reese Strait-Line Hitch
    SGM, USA (Ret), SCUBA Diver

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rottekatz View Post
    What was your final conclusion. Recently purchased a 297RSTS and the awning rests on the slide when fully extended. Had perforations during PDI and dealer has new awning on order.
    I put black pool noodles on the top of the slides. All I could do.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast