User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I don't have any experience with them or any other lithium replacements.

However as I'm thinking about them I've been wondering whether I would buy 4-6 100Ah batteries or 2-3 200Ah batteries. Seems to me that in the event of a battery failure it would be nice if it wasn't a twice-as-expensive 200Ah that needed to be replaced, so I'm leaning towards buying more smaller-capacity batteries rather than fewer larger-capacity ones.

Using more small batteries would mean using a lot more cable and bus bars to ensure that all batteries were connected with same-length connections, but after that extra cost and effort I'd sleep better knowing that 100Ah replacements are cheaper and easier to get.

Are you leaning the other way for a reason I haven't considered? Thx.
    If you go with a batt like SOK, you can replace the individual faulty battery cell as opposed to the whole battery. That something that caught my attention when I watch the video the Will Powers made when he evaluated the SOK and Big Battery. I like the ideal of 1-2 SOK batteries.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    Wow, 50 amps is only 600W. Are you supplementing your system with solar to run the Air Conditioner? When I benchmarked my system with power measurements, my microwave along drew 155 amps from the batteries.
    You are correct, I actually have fused my system at 150 amps (on a 24v system).

I edited the above post.

Sorry for the confusion.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    That's a serious microwave!
    Surprised me! My inverter is now undersized for my planned usage. I had assumed 1-1.2 kw when I installed the 2000W inverter. I'll have to be careful what I else run when the Microwave is on and that was something I really didn't want to get into.
    Last edited by wjpatter; 01-18-2021 at 06:11 AM.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    Surprised me! My inverter is now undersized for my planned usage. I had assumed 1-1.2 kw when I installed the 2000W inverter. I'll have to be careful what I else run when the Microwave is on and that was something I really didn't want to get into.
    Usually you need to be aware of what you are running when you are running the Inverter, i.e.: you don't want to run the Microwave while the Air Conditioner is running. Basically, you don't want two high-draw appliances running simultaneously.
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Usually you need to be aware of what you are running when you are running the Inverter, i.e.: you don't want to run the Microwave while the Air Conditioner is running. Basically, you don't want two high-draw appliances running simultaneously.
    Personally, I'm not planning to support the air conditioner, but I'd definitely like to have a working microwave. First thing I'm going to do when I get my new trailer home is plug in the kill-a-watt and find out how big an inverter I need for that microwave. . I kinda like the look of the Victron 2000W inverter/charger, but maybe 3000W will be a better option.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Folks should also consider the fact that people are lazy and often want to run multiple devices simultaneously. I routinely run our microwave, air fryer, and several other items together.

I usually glance over at the inverter display to see how many amps it is putting out and this number is more often than not about 300 to 350 amps!

I have 400 amp hours of lithium so it can handle it, but if I had only one battery, even a lithium, I could only run one of these devices at a time and it would take me forever to make breakfast while dry camping!

: )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's everyone doing on the charger side?

What is everyone doing for the charger? Do you need to upgrade?

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamurray71 View Post
    What is everyone doing for the charger? Do you need to upgrade?
    It depends on what your setup is. If you are installing an inverter, many upgrade to an Inverter/Charger (like the Victron) instead of a simple inverter. If you are not going that route, many are replacing their Converter with a "Lithium Ready" Converter from Progressive Dynamics. Either way, you usually have to upgrade the OEM Converter to a unit that is capable of charging the Lithium (LiFePo4) batteries.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone direct me to where I can buy a true 12V 400A disconnect switch. I purchased one online and it turns out it is actually a 300A but good for intermittent 400A.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrlowen View Post
    Can anyone direct me to where I can buy a true 12V 400A disconnect switch. I purchased one online and it turns out it is actually a 300A but good for intermittent 400A.
    770-EZ 400A Continuous - https://baymarinesupply.com/bep-mari...ry-switch.html
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast