User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway Flash! BAB USA's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    GD has been known to authorize mobile techs for warranty work, just wont cover their service fee. Might try going that route if you cant figure it out on your own.

Have you tried disconnecting the motor, so you can push the slide by hand and see of it extends all the way, then reconnect and see what happens?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    FT4 - has a great Idea, I would start there. The NEXT thing I would do is check to see if the fuse is shutting down before full extension and if so just replace the 50 with the 80 Amp BussFuse.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had that problem. Run it out as far as you can On the outside of your rig, unscrew the 1 screw holding the motor. Inside, lift motor out of gear drive. (Which ever side is easiest to access), Measure and align the slide to equal or square with your wall. Drop motor into gear drive. Outside run screw back in to secure motor. On the slide controller, unplug the power lead, wait 30 sec and plug it back in. Hopefully it will clear codes and reset. Run your slide all out, then all in a few times. Always holding the botton and continuing to hold after it stops for 3 to 5 seconds...always. this fixed mine after the dealer told me both motors needed replacing along with the control board. Go figure. Hope this works for you.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar problem with our slide. A technician suggested when retracting or extending, when finished continue to hold in on the power button for 5 seconds. Our issue was also on extending. So, when retracting I kept holding in on the power button for 5 seconds after it was fully retracted. That fixed our issue. So, now I do the five second hold for both retracting and extending. This is only on our Schwintek slide. Apparently it allowed the motors to sync.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we had the exact same issue with our slide in our reflection 320MKS. You don't say which slide it is so I'll give our run down quickly:
    1. The bed in our bedroom slide had three rollers underneath. When the slide went in and out, I had noticed during the warranty period that it looked like the marks on the carpet weren't the same so I brought it up when we took it in for warranty work. They said nothing wrong.
    2. Skip one year, the bedroom slide failed to go out all the way, no matter what we did, including using the emergency reset under the belly.
    3. We took it back into our dealer to find out what had happened, and was told that because the rollers weren't placed in proper position, the slide was moving in and out "just slightly off track".
    4. this resulted in stress on the one rail, which when they took at look at the dealership, snapped in their hands.
    5. The dealer told us it would be handled by our extended warranty, but I stood my ground and stated that (and had the proof) that I had brought this to their attention last year when it was under warranty, so I was darn well not paying or using my warranty to pay for their mistake.
    6. Head office Grand Design authorized the work to be done. didn't cost us anything.
    Just a note, we've had issues with every schwintek system on every unit we've ever owned. I have just purchased a trailer 200MK, and made damn sure that the slide was NOT opened with Schwintek system. I hate them, they suck and will NEVER have them on any unit ever again. And they don't stand behind their warranties or their product...don't stop until you get it fixed now while under warranty, even if you have to pick up the phone and call head office Grand Design! Good luck!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    made damn sure that the slide was NOT opened with Schwintek system.
    How do you find out what kind of system the slide is using? I have a Transcend 261BH on order, I'd like to know in advance what I may have to deal with.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S Tate View Post
    We had a similar problem with our slide. A technician suggested when retracting or extending, when finished continue to hold in on the power button for 5 seconds. Our issue was also on extending. So, when retracting I kept holding in on the power button for 5 seconds after it was fully retracted. That fixed our issue. So, now I do the five second hold for both retracting and extending. This is only on our Schwintek slide. Apparently it allowed the motors to sync.
    So, when depressing the switch for 5 sec after retract, is that just re-syncing the controller? I'm assuming you are not hearing any motor activity during those 5 secs??

I have always done this on both extending and retracting the slide since my trailer was new. Not sure I fully understand whats going on but it's always been advised and I've yet to have an issue with my slide (knock on wood).
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got our 2021 260RD in late September and had a similar issue with the slide. Ended up having to have parts replaced.

Being new to the RV life, we didn't know what sound to expect when opening the slide. Granted, it wasn't nearly as loud as the video you posted, but it did sound a bit loud. We consistently did the "hold for 5 seconds" upon opening and closing, as we were told by the dealer. We made it thru a 5-week trip, with many stops, successfully.

Fast forward a couple weeks to late December, as we were getting prepared to go out on our next trip, suddenly the slide would not open without manually giving it a good shove. In looking at the rails, we could see significant wear in sections.

The dealership was backed up for months with service appointments, but when we explained we only have ~2 weeks before we leave for a multi-month trip and we can't use the bathroom or bedroom with the slide closed, they were fantastic to work with. Kudos to Beckley's RV in Thurmont, MD, and Mike in service. He had us bring it in the next morning early and they said "one side seems like its skipping. Teeth are broken on the side rail and lots of metal shavings, top gear also sounds like teeth are broken as it runs".

They would need to order replacement parts for the slide column and the rail to fix it. The parts are big and heavy so had to be shipped by freight which took a just under a week to arrive. Mike got us in the next day and turned around the repairs within two days. Just in time for us to hit the road on our trip.

With the new parts installed, the slide sounds much better, not silent but not grinding so loudly. Hoping it continues to work smoothly from now on.

We did put all of our issues in writing to the dealer via email, including the slide, so we have record of it being reported for warranty, even if the dealer won't be able to get it fixed until spring. Also, still waiting on the second air conditioner to arrive to be installed (ordered in September). Hopefully it will get delivered to the dealer before hot summer weather.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 260RD Fifth wheel
    Solar 800 watt 400 ah

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit late reading this thread. I don't have any specific suggestions but will refer all to this post in case there is some bit of help in it.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am experiencing a similar issue. We have a slideout that has not worked correctly from the beginning. 2021 390rk. I tried to get into dealers to have it evaluated because GD told me repeatedly that is the ONLY way to get the issue resolved. After several attempts with other GD dealers as we traveled, we resorted to returning to Texas and our dealer. We have been going back and forth for a week now between the dealer/GD/Lippert to even get the repair approved. Still no idea how long it will take to get parts delivered and then get scheduled back into the shop to have the repair completed. With all the "Grand Design has wonderful customer service" talk from all of their "spokespeople/YouTube influencers" it is quite apparent that GD does not treat us regular customers with the same urgency/respect/care, that they give them. VERY DISAPPOINTED in Grand Design. I have pics and videos clearly showing that the Schwintek motor was incorrectly installed from the beginning. the set screw on the exterior, which holds the motor down to keep the 4 alignment pins engaged with the base, is still in place. The motor can be moved up and down to the limits of the set screw. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motor.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	31817. Today, the GD rep actually told me that the dealer needs to take more pictures so Lippert knows what parts to send. Does Grand Design really not know which parts they order from Lippert to build a 390rk? I really had higher expectations. As of today, almost 7 months after purchase I have had to re-glue the laminate on the bathroom counter, seal the external 120 outlet so rain did not come directly into the wall, seal cracks in the skylight (because it too was broken on installation), secure the recliners to the floor in a position that did not cause damage when reclining, reattach the trim on some walls, and I would like to center the blinds on the windows, because it is irritating to look at and the blind on the window near the bedroom doesn't even cover the end of the window, but that requires taking the valances apart and rebuilding them (very poor design). I had to seal around the wet bay compartment (barn door) to prevent rain from getting in there. All in all, it is quite apparent that GD was rushing to deliver as many units as possible, and clearly took their eye off the ball with regard to Quality Assurance. There are even fingerprint stains (walnut wood stain) on at least one of the blinds and on the fabric on 2 of the valances. The disappointing part is that they clearly DON'T CARE about all the inconvenience this is causing us, nor how how it was built. They say they will get the slide fixed, eventually, but that remains to be seen. And we are stuck here waiting to get back on track. No, I did not expect an RV to be "care free" and I have dealt with that. But I did expect higher quality, more attention to detail, and professionalism.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the tips, advice, and information on the Schwintek slide system. I wound up going straight to Lippert and then Grand Design and finally got approval for warranty work. Today I dropped off the camper at our dealer as they are expecting the parts ("complete system including the rails") to arrive tomorrow! It's been about 2 1/2 months since I first pointed out the problem which was about a month after purchasing the unit. Keeping my fingers crossed, as always I will post an update.
    Last edited by TsnTexas; 02-05-2021 at 06:14 AM.
    2020 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Diesel
    Reflection 260 RD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast