User Tag List

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any potential issues with the Pullrite 2600 gooseball hitch and a F450?

I'm sick and tired of my Reese 27.5k hitch taking up all the room in my bed. I was thinking of the Andersen Ultimate Hitch but I've seen so many controversies around that product. So I'm thinking the Pullrite 2600 would be a good substitute. It's about twice the weight but still manageable.

My truck came with the 5th wheel prep and the puck system. However the Pullrite 2600 appears to use a gooseneck ball on the bed, which the hitch clamps down onto AUH style. It looks like a fairly easy system to install and remove.

https://www.pullrite.com/2600

I notice Pullrite sells these little ramps with LineX bedliner material so that the hitch doesn't slide around. Has anyone used a Tractor Supply horse stall rubber mat with a hole cut through the middle instead?

Are there any issues with clearance of bed rails?

How does it tow? Did you notice any difference between how the Pullrite tows compared to your old hitch?

Ease of hooking up? Improved or more difficult?

Has anyone used the Pullrite with a MorRyde pinbox?

Any issues with the Lippert frame warranty using this kind of hitch?

Thanks!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using the Pullrite superlite #2600 with a MorRyde pin box I have been using it for about a year or so and I have no problem I using it with my short bed. I can get about 80% radius which anymore than this I shouldn't be doing.

The front cap is about the same as the Reflection so you can see it will work, I haven't had any problem in which I'm glad to have it, it's not too heavy it is a whole lot lighter than the B&W that I had, both slider and the non-slider.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3397.jpg   DSCN3401.jpg   DSCN3361.jpg   DSCN3400.jpg   DSCN3398.jpg  

Last edited by Spartacus; 01-18-2021 at 02:13 AM.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let see if i can find some more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3390.jpg   DSCN3355.jpg   DSCN3363.jpg   DSCN3393.jpg  
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Thanks for posting this. I really wanted the Goosebox but I've read too many reports that if you have a retractable bed cover with raised inner side rails like my Retrax MX, the sloping angling sides of the Goosebox will tend to crush the rails. The AUH seems like a nice thing but there's too many stories about that one having issues as well. This Pullrite seems like the best compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I'm using the Pullrite superlite #2600 with a MorRyde pin box I have been using it for about a year or so and I have no problem I using it with my short bed. I can get about 80% radius which anymore than this I shouldn't be doing.

The front cap is about the same as the Reflection so you can see it will work, I haven't had any problem in which I'm glad to have it, it's not too heavy it is a whole lot lighter than the B&W that I had, both slider and the non-slider.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are very welcome, when I was doing a search I ran into the same thing as you mention so I went to YouTube and watch a few videos and read some reviews and find out that the Pullrite #2600 was the best for me. I wasn't sure on how my turn radius would work so I figure after I try it out I would be able to return it back to Amazon, the price on Amazon was the best price if you have Prime. The Goosebox was a little more I wanted to pay for to match the weight of my 5th wheel, I'm on a fix income, but I went with it and it was perfect for me.

I did added chain later, to just as a added safety, some state require them but my state don't but I figure why not, it only take about 2mins top to hook them up. I glad that I was able to help if you decide to go this route please post some pics, I'm not sure if you can see but I do have a hard cover Bal-Fip over my bed it don't come near the pin box.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 01-18-2021 at 02:54 PM.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Spartacus on the AUH you can have the ball offset to the front or to the back to give you more clearance to the cab. I also have a RAM with the short box so just wondering if the Pullrite #2600 also has this feature and if you have the offset back to give you more turning clearance. At some point I expect to be looking at a FW as well and was thinking goosebox but this one is interesting as well.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you pull up the pics of the #2600 you will see that they have two places where you can extend the hitch back, I believe it's about 8", one point is where the hitch is attach to the ball I forget what they call it but you can turn it around before you set the hitch onto the ball.

The other is if you can see on the pics that the king pin attachment is turn in the front of the king pin, the AUH is the same way you can install it in front or in the back of the king pin and this is plenty for my setup. Go to the website and you will see the one part that get attach to the ball and then you will lock down the hitch itself which will give you about 1" to 2" more back toward the tailgate.

The #2600 is all made of steel it's about 60lbs and I think that the AUH is about 35lbs the #2600 is a solid hitch and I'm loving the setup.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can see a pics here the piece that goes on the king pin is call an king pin adapter and you can turn that around where it's in front of the pin and the other piece is call a gooseneck receiver draw down bolt which as you will be able to see goes in two positions, this is in pdf file so you can look at it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2600- Pullrite Superlite Manual.pdf  
    Last edited by Spartacus; 01-19-2021 at 12:49 AM.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army